Rooney?? Really??

rate1.jpg

Looking at those stats, are they really of Rooney's? I cant find any possible explanations as to how he couldnt convert his chances better 25 goals/83 on target from someone with 16 for finishing and 15 for composure, that is just sad to see...Compare it with Benjani who has 10 for finishing and 12 for composure

rate2.jpg

Obvious winner...

Dont forget FM10 is before The season 09/10 and Rooney has always been a waster in front of goal! Think I'm right in saying he has never scores 20 goals in the EPL untill this season where he has been a revalation! He has allways been vastly overrated IMO (in terms of scoring golas) untill now where he is rightly a world class player and this should be reflected in his finishing and his goal scoring ability in FM11.

Rooney was never lethal infront of goal untill now, yes his other areas with very good but his goal scoring let him down - I would think that his finishing/heading/composure/anticipation will all improve for FM11 to reflect his improvements in this area of the game.

Dont forget FM10 is before The season 09/10 and Rooney has always been a waster in front of goal! Think I'm right in saying he has never scores 20 goals in the EPL untill this season where he has been a revalation! He has allways been vastly overrated IMO (in terms of scoring golas) untill now where he is rightly a world class player and this should be reflected in his finishing and his goal scoring ability in FM11.

Rooney was never lethal infront of goal untill now, yes his other areas with very good but his goal scoring let him down - I would think that his finishing/heading/composure/anticipation will all improve for FM11 to reflect his improvements in this area of the game.

This :thup:

Also to be fair to him he is scoring 1 in just over 3 of his on target efforts , which is not bad at all. Benjani's just on a streak, that won't last.

Rooneys 1 in 3 of on target shots compares well to my current save with Aguero who has 15 goals from 45 shots on target. Aguero is tearing it up and I don't think he could have done much better.

Benjani is a smiling God, and deserves to blessed with such clinical finishing.

Being serious, it's a question of roles.

Benjani is likely to be set up as a target man or defensive forward, cut most of his efforts inside the area.

Rooney would likely be a much deeper role (Complete Forward, Deep-Lying, Treq) and therefore more long range efforts.

Stats lie.

If these screens have been taken from a game started with 10.3 then shouldnt Rooney's attributes have already been changed to reflect his goalscoring form this season?

I dont thin his attributes were changed much, if at all be I could be wrong. As it was mid season then I'm not sure they would want to set a precedent in changing a players attributes to reflect half a seson. Think of all the players who have preformed well and those who have not - think of the over haul of players attributes that would be needed to change in order to reflect half a season - I think its unrealistic for this to be implemtnted in a patch but more for the nest seasons game - but I could be wrong.

Your probably right seeing as his heading hasnt changed but it will be for FM11. It was just a thought.

You are right though - becauae I have seen in the various club data issues threads, with many people wanting attribute changes for various players - and some players do change in the patch updates.

Archived