Manager's attributes

This is a question I've been wanting to ask forever - why is the human manager in the game being judged by a different criteria than the AI managers? Meaning that while they have the whole attack, defense judging abilities stats, us humans have the criterias of player/club loyalty and such. What I don't understand is why not to have the combination of two for everybody?

By the attacking and defensive perfomances of my team my coaching can be evaluated, my transfer dealing can evaluate my abilities judgement, my general success in the club can easily define the score of my adaptability, tactical knowledge and my interaction with players can define level of discipline and man management.

I think it can be nice to have an actual criteria by which you can compare yourself to other managers and try to hit the 20s as much as possible. It does not seem something too difficult to implement (considering things a lot harder being achieved in the game), so what is the reason? At first, I thought it may have to with the fact that you are not actually involved with coaching so rating you on such criteria would be vague and unbalanced, but yet again, I bet the rating of Rafa Benitez' GK coaching for example also does not persume him making Reina the mediocre GK he is IRL. So... why?

P.S.

I really consider myself as someone who speaks fluent English, but this puzzled me over and over again, can anyone please explain what on earth does it mean by hands on approach? :D

I really consider myself as someone who speaks fluent English, but this puzzled me over and over again, can anyone please explain what on earth does it mean by hands on approach? :D

Hands on approach basically means how you run the club. People with 20 for this skill usually pick tactics, team-talks, press conferences and dont holiday through matches. People with low values for hands on approach usually dont do a few of these tasks, instead letting their assistant take care of them. So Alex Ferguson would have a large hands on approach value as he runs the club from the ground up. Hope that helps

I think you the manager should also be on the coaches list aswell to assist with training as this is what a manager does.

When making your manager profile you should be able to pick what area of coaching you think best suits you and the game will give you a star rating possibly depending on the past experience you choose. As your stats as a manager improve maybe your coaching stats could improve aswell over time and possibly becoming a 5 star coach in your chosen area.

I think you should also be able to choose on your profile your preferred formation and playing style rather than it be updated over time depending on the tactics you use. Im assuming most players like to play the same way regardless of the team you are managing and like to make a team fit your system.

Hands on approach basically means how you run the club. People with 20 for this skill usually pick tactics, team-talks, press conferences and dont holiday through matches. People with low values for hands on approach usually dont do a few of these tasks, instead letting their assistant take care of them. So Alex Ferguson would have a large hands on approach value as he runs the club from the ground up. Hope that helps

Cheers. Figured it was something of that general direction.

StevoRobbo, in the later FM I actually found it quite hard to make every single team fit with my system, that is, not a rich one.

I think you the manager should also be on the coaches list aswell to assist with training as this is what a manager does.

That would be a nice feature.

This is a question I've been wanting to ask forever - why is the human manager in the game being judged by a different criteria than the AI managers? Meaning that while they have the whole attack, defense judging abilities stats, us humans have the criterias of player/club loyalty and such. What I don't understand is why not to have the combination of two for everybody?

By the attacking and defensive perfomances of my team my coaching can be evaluated, my transfer dealing can evaluate my abilities judgement, my general success in the club can easily define the score of my adaptability, tactical knowledge and my interaction with players can define level of discipline and man management.

I think it can be nice to have an actual criteria by which you can compare yourself to other managers and try to hit the 20s as much as possible. It does not seem something too difficult to implement (considering things a lot harder being achieved in the game), so what is the reason? At first, I thought it may have to with the fact that you are not actually involved with coaching so rating you on such criteria would be vague and unbalanced, but yet again, I bet the rating of Rafa Benitez' GK coaching for example also does not persume him making Reina the mediocre GK he is IRL. So... why?

This is a brilliant suggestion, and I've wondered before why it isn't yet in the game.

That would be a nice feature.

This is a brilliant suggestion, and I've wondered before why it isn't yet in the game.

its been once...FM2007 but thats after a few season you played....the last 3 FM after that havent got any...maybe has been removed...

But how would the game know how good you are at coaching goalkeepers? Since you don't actually do this in game, not sure how the game would represent this.

You would choose at the start of the game which area of coaching you would like to do in your manager profile. When the game starts have the manager CA/PA the same for your coaching so as you become a better manager with more experience, you will also become a better coach.

Thats how I'd do it anyway :thup:

i think you start on 100/200 if you select Internation Player at the start. This is what ive seen on the occasions ive used FMRTE anyway and im sure it goes up with your reputation and how well you do. Don't quote me though as im not sure.

Either way I still think they could improve the manager side of things with regards to training. When Sir Alex started managing he may not have been a top coach but years of working with top coaches must have rubbed off somewhere. Also the fact he's on the training pitch every day, he must get involved in the coaching.

If your Assistant Manager can be used as a coach then why can't you?

i think you start on 100/200 if you select Internation Player at the start. This is what ive seen on the occasions ive used FMRTE anyway and im sure it goes up with your reputation and how well you do. Don't quote me though as im not sure.

Either way I still think they could improve the manager side of things with regards to training. When Sir Alex started managing he may not have been a top coach but years of working with top coaches must have rubbed off somewhere. Also the fact he's on the training pitch every day, he must get involved in the coaching.

If your Assistant Manager can be used as a coach then why can't you?

Because you don't actually go out on the training ground. If the training was more advanced and you could watch training drills and get more involved in the day-to-day specifics of training then maybe you should have attributes, but with the training in it's current state you are just advising your coaches on how hard to train your players on each category, without getting involved in it yourself. So having attributes isn't realistic.

No i dont mean I want to see myself stood on a training ground. What I mean is every manager takes part in training and helps coach the players. You only get a set number of coaches anyway and your assistant can be assigned as a coach so why can't the manager.

IIRC every other manager on the game has coaching attributes. Its only fair that we have them aswell. These should be determined by which reputation you set yourself at the start of the game, or maybe when you set up your manager profile you get a set amount of CA points (depending on the reputation you choose) and you distribute them as you see fit. Then over time these can increase/decrease depending on how well you do.

At the moment IIRC, all your manager stats start on 10 and can increase/decrease depending on how well you perform. I dont see how training attributes couldnt do the same thing.

If your managing a big club and you can have many coaches then fine, but when your managing a small team which can maybe only have 3 coaches in total, allowing you the manager to get involved in certain areas of training (which im sure they do) would be great help.

Im sure this idea could be expanded on a lot more with more thought but I think it would improve the game slightly and the manager experience as a whole.

It would be nice if somebody involved with the development of the game could comment as to wether its a good/bad idea, wether it could be implemented or even if its already being planned or in discussion.

But how would the game know how good you are at coaching goalkeepers? Since you don't actually do this in game, not sure how the game would represent this.

Just as I said, how do we know how good are Benitez, Mourinho, Lippi or Cappelo with GKs? They still get a mark though.. I guess if ur GK coach is good and ur GK is performing well consistenly over the years, it should go higher. None of the stats are perfectly reflectable of your abilities, not even the ones that exist now. My Club/Player loyalty always drops really low at the beginning because I usually perform a sort of... ethnic cleansing :D so to speak and kick out most of foreign players for which I can find a suitable replacement.

Eventually, my own stats are cosmetic rather than anything else since you're groomed for high-prestige jobs only on the account of your reputation, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

I agree with StevoRobbo. I've thought for some time that the human manager should also be able to coach.

A manager who just supervises things may be all very well for big clubs but I don't think it's a very realistic concept when applied to the Blue Square North.

Training in general needs a proper overhaul I think and I'm sure that it wouldn't be beyond the ability of the game developers to come up with an interesting system whereby you could choose your coaching abilities at the start of your career and improve over time (maybe take courses, gain more badges and so on).

Just as I said, how do we know how good are Benitez, Mourinho, Lippi or Cappelo with GKs? They still get a mark though.. I guess if ur GK coach is good and ur GK is performing well consistenly over the years, it should go higher. None of the stats are perfectly reflectable of your abilities, not even the ones that exist now. My Club/Player loyalty always drops really low at the beginning because I usually perform a sort of... ethnic cleansing :D so to speak and kick out most of foreign players for which I can find a suitable replacement.

Eventually, my own stats are cosmetic rather than anything else since you're groomed for high-prestige jobs only on the account of your reputation, so it doesn't have to be perfect.

We know how good they are because they spend actual time on the training ground IRL, we can't in FM because training is too basic.

I would like to see more detailed training, so we can get involved and earn these attributes.

We know how good they are because they spend actual time on the training ground IRL, we can't in FM because training is too basic.

I would like to see more detailed training, so we can get involved and earn these attributes.

Mourinho spending time on the training ground still does not mean he has anything to do with GK coaches there. Not to mention less famous managers that nobody really knows how much time they spend there actually coaching - its all very approximate, same can be applied to my profile, like I said - its mostly cosmetic anyways.

Some good ideas here i would like to see training overhauled in fm11 i think if you had a schedule that had mon - sun and morning midday afternoon evening (for PT)then you could choose rest days and what you wanted to train and when eg monday, morning, stamina - midday, strength, afternoon, rest evening, rest.

Some good ideas here i would like to see training overhauled in fm11 i think if you had a schedule that had mon - sun and morning midday afternoon evening (for PT)then you could choose rest days and what you wanted to train and when eg monday, morning, stamina - midday, strength, afternoon, rest evening, rest.

I think this would add something to the game, but it won't be everyone's cup of tea, so perhaps the detail could be optional, similar to the tactics wizard or asking your AssMan to attend press conferences for you.

In earlier versions of the game the 3rd party apps showed training stats aswell as ca/pa

If you were in charge of a small club with only a few coaches, with poor ratings for shooting/attacking then the attributes behind those increased slowly over time suggesting you fulfilled a 'general coaching role' at the club aswell

ca/pa increases over time, even whilst unemployed, as managers are employed solely by reputation it just seems to be there for consistancy.

Archived