Suggestion: Social Media in FM (Twitter etc.)

With the rapid growth of social media in business and sport, I think it would be fantastic if SI incorporated this into future editions of Football Manager. Here are just some of the ways in which it could impact on the game:

- Player X has complained about his lack of first team football via his personal Twitter account (you would have all of the regular options that you are presented with in this situation, as well as one that forced the player to shut his account down, which may cause a bad reaction)

- The Team X Facebook fan page has criticised the manager for the recent run of defeats

- As a manager, you could 'tweet' team updates and messages to the fans which could in turn boost your fan rating (many managers and coaches in real life are now doing this and the fans absolutely love it)

I just think that while social media continues to grow, SI games could be one of the first ever companies to integrate it with a computer game.

Thoughts?

It is always good to see new ideas but i dont think this would add much to the game.

I cant stand Facebook and Twitter in real life so would hate to have to deal with them in FM as well.

Premier manager iirc had little tweaks like , player x pranged player y's car in the car park and caused a fall out, i think it was that one or maybe ifa manager either way it had about as much depth as a puddle and nothing on FM but a nice touch tho

In itself, using the 'new media' as an event could be nice to spice things up. Player X puts something in a tweet, which can have an effect. It could range from stating admiration for another player to starting a feud with another player through the tweets, and may affect relations between players, managers, clubs and fans.

I can imagine the surprise of a manager, if he wishes to sign player A and has asked for secrecy, to hear everything about it through the blog or the tweets of player Y. How to react? What if the player tweets in a language you don't know? What does he say? So again, in itself it could add spice to the game, even though I share the same sentiments about those media as fuzzrab.

With the rapid growth of social media in business and sport, I think it would be fantastic if SI incorporated this into future editions of Football Manager. Here are just some of the ways in which it could impact on the game:

- Player X has complained about his lack of first team football via his personal Twitter account (you would have all of the regular options that you are presented with in this situation, as well as one that forced the player to shut his account down, which may cause a bad reaction)

- The Team X Facebook fan page has criticised the manager for the recent run of defeats

- As a manager, you could 'tweet' team updates and messages to the fans which could in turn boost your fan rating (many managers and coaches in real life are now doing this and the fans absolutely love it)

I just think that while social media continues to grow, SI games could be one of the first ever companies to integrate it with a computer game.

Thoughts?

Please god no!! No!! No!! No!!

SI wouldn't even be one of the first. This is a terrible idea. Sorry but its not for me.

This makes me want to cry so much...

No offense, but terrible idea! This should be the very LAST thing SI should ever consider, next you will be saying.. can we buy our own computers/mobiles phones to tweet off next, with our manager wages.

It is certainly something that needs looking at (Case in point, being the Palace youth player that had a trial at Fulham, blabbed about it and is now playing for Bromley) but I'm not convinced it needs to be inserted just yet...

Don't include social networking sites. Anything that a player says on there could be said to the real media, in theory.

The manager himself tweeting... that's one of the least workable ideas I've heard.

first off its not the worst idea ive heard but at the same time i have to say no.

for 1 SI would have to get permission from twitter/facebook/other SN sites which would probably mean paying for the rights to use it. and if they did have to pay would the money spent on it not be better spent on getting the license to include the club crest/kits for the clubs that arent included.

i do see how it would be realistic in the sense of how many players are getting in trouble for "tweeting" their views on their career but again you will have the same trouble of having drug bans/bungs etc...

i do like the idea but for me there are ALOT of other areas that need improving before new features are implemented.

Archived