Touchline Instructions

Depends on your team and tactics I suppose

Personally, I view them as a way of temporarily focusing your tactics a certain way without actually altering them

Whether that is the point or not, I don't know lol

Very necessary. They can turn a game around. I have 2 main incidents where I use them.

1) When there is 15 minutes left of a game, and I'm not winning, change to Overload and tick Shoot On Sight.

2) Whenever I play with quick (I mean Walcott/Krasic/Blaczcykowski standard), tick Pass Into Space, Exploit Flanks and Work Ball Into Box. This can get your winger a good 20 goals a season.

The point of the shouts is that it replaces the need to go into the tactics screen, something that causes crashes for me on a regular basis.

@ Mirko

The pass into space shout increases the amount of through balls that are attempted, nothing more.

• 1 month later...

I think they need to be imrpoved on how they affect the game. It just gets me confused with my original instructions, i dunno. I just got frustrated with them really and now happily don't use them, but if they're working for other people then thats fine i guess.

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/2009/11/04/what-do-the-touchline-instructions-or-shouts-actually-do/

Here you find what touchline instructions means.

I use sometimes these insructions, but not always. When I lead after 80 min, I always tick "play even safer" and sometimes "clear ball to blanks". When my opponent lead after 80 min (my opponet has one goal more than I), I switch to overload style and tick "take more risks" and "get ball forward" options. Sometimes I tick also "pass into space".

Before "final moments", I do not usually use touchline insructions. Sometimes I tick "work ball into box" or "pump ball into box". Sometimes I tick something else. It depends of my tactic.

edit: Now link works.

The point of the shouts is that it replaces the need to go into the tactics screen, something that causes crashes for me on a regular basis.

@ Mirko

The pass into space shout increases the amount of through balls that are attempted, nothing more.

Have you reported that you game crashes most of the time to SI, mate? :(

i use "get stuck in" and "hassle opponents" every game find there great for pressuring teams into mistake and "work into box" because my team refuse to stop shooting from the halfway line ! - works for me in other words

Wrong. The fact i've had more success with classic tactics shows this.

you are WRONG! The fact that you don't know HOW to use the new tactics shows that you could have had more success with those but you prefer sticking with the old ones ;)

you are WRONG! The fact that you don't know HOW to use the new tactics shows that you could have had more success with those but you prefer sticking with the old ones ;)

You're making no sense. I have more fun with the old ones, so yes i will stick with them thanks.

You're making no sense. I have more fun with the old ones, so yes i will stick with them thanks.

Are you saying you use sliders rather than the tactics creator?

If so I'm fairly certain that touchline instructions don't work, do you even get the option of using them?

For the record all the creator & touchline instructions do is alter slider settings in the background which seems to be what you do manually.

It is fun for you man. don't generalise it. the new tactics are by far better, more fun and work better. WHat you prefer is your opinion. If they were better , SI would have stayed with them

Like i said earlier, if it works for others then fine, just don't attack me for using them.

who attacked you? you attacked me first by saying:

"

Originally Posted by Vangelis21 viewpost.gif

if you want to be a successful manager they are vital

Wrong. The fact i've had more success with classic tactics shows this."

end of discussion. enjoy playing as you like it.

who attacked you? you attacked me first by saying:

"

Originally Posted by Vangelis21 viewpost.gif

if you want to be a successful manager they are vital

Wrong. The fact i've had more success with classic tactics shows this."

end of discussion. enjoy playing as you like it.

I didnt attack you, i stated my opinion. But whatever. You were going on about how i need them if i need success and taking a cheap shot, but it doesn't matter.

this is not attacking. you DO need them for success. it is a fact

It's perfectly possible to be succesful without them. All those 'classic tactics' in the tactics forum and all the success they seem to bring go to show it.

As I understood it if you use classic tactics you can't use them (or they don't work as intended) so obviously they'd not be coupled with success or failure in that case. If you use the tactics creator however I have found them to be quite useful. I don't know about necessary but I think your chances are better if you learn what they do and use them accordingly.

there i go what? was that some kind of a proof? don't use others to prove your point. you said you have good results with classic tactics. Show proof

Lol, get over it man. Im not gonna waste time. But ill tell you the success ive had so far with them:

Got groningen up to 2nd so far in thw dutch league, and 1 game away from the cl but went into the euro cup(depsite not bein g able to sign anyone), also got to semi finals of the dutch cup.

Won euro 2012 with england, won the confeds cup in 2013.

Finished 2nd twice with inter only cause juventus never lose enough. I would've done even worse with touchline instructions, but won the italian cup v them.

On my mates database, am having success with stoke bishop in the bristol downs league with ease.

So, there you go. Im not gonna go and post screenshots when im not on the game/doing something else.

lol, ok when you have some serious achievements, you can talk again about proof!

that all you got? :rolleyes: get a life. You've even had someone esle disagree with you yet you continue in your ignorance, if that pleases you then go ahead, carry on.

you must be pretty young. you are fighting on your own here and you still don't get it! you said that classic tactics work for you better than the new ones. You said that you have good results with that. But you haven't actually achieved anything important in the game. All these together prove that you were wrong initially. just accept it, it will make you a better person

you must be pretty young. you are fighting on your own here and you still don't get it! you said that classic tactics work for you better than the new ones. You said that you have good results with that. But you haven't actually achieved anything important in the game. All these together prove that you were wrong initially. just accept it, it will make you a better person

You're the one who doesn't get it. I've enjoyed the game FAR MORE WITHOUT TOUCHLINE INSTRUCTIONS(doesnt matter what team i was either). Do you not get that yet?

Vangelis- the shouts do things you can easily do with classic changes. It's a case of what suits the individual better.

I don't necessarily agree with what all the shouts do, but they're much quicker than manual changes for me.

If anything, shouts are simply shortcuts imo

I've personally only used the new tactic model within FM10, so can't comment on how well the classic works, but if people have success, good on them

But then, if it was worthless, why would SI even leave it in?

If anything, shouts are simply shortcuts imo

I've personally only used the new tactic model within FM10, so can't comment on how well the classic works, but if people have success, good on them

But then, if it was worthless, why would SI even leave it in?

You answered it yourself, they're shortcuts, but imo don't always work.:)

Archived