Reserve Investment Fund

As the club's balance is represented by a signed 32 bit integer, the highest value it can represent is 2,147,483,647. I believe that the situation you mentioned is a safeguard against going over that amount. Basically you won't see that money again as it is lost/dumped/whatever.

Whether the excess is stored or not is pure speculation on my part, but with 2 billion in the bank I can't see how it matters either way. Loosing that kind of cash in this game would be a serious achievement AFAIC.

See i don't have that kind of cash, also the amount has ranged on different games from £240million, to one w/Man United it was £400m almost every year...

i think if they have built this in then it needs to go somewhere proper...a fund for a new ground, or set up an actual 'B team' abroad (a la Crystal Palace Baltimore) rather than just cheating me out of it ... just for more realism

Luton Town 1991...think Brian Clough but with todays money...I largely pick up cheap young players with the odd older head for experience and sell em high cause i constantly (hope at least) think I have a replacement almost ready in reserves. The average age of my squad is rarely over 22...and the oldest is usually 27ish ... I try to sell them almost at/just after their peak. Rooney is generally the exception. I don't sign players over 25 etc

Archived