Rename team possibility

You don't need an editor. You may have to start your game again, I'm not entirely sure.

I can't remember how to do it. I used to have the way in my PM's, but have since deleted them. It's to do with one of the .pkm's in the folders in the Sports Interactive main folder. I'll have a look in my posting history, to see if I can find it again.

You don't need an editor. You may have to start your game again, I'm not entirely sure.

I can't remember how to do it. I used to have the way in my PM's, but have since deleted them. It's to do with one of the .pkm's in the folders in the Sports Interactive main folder. I'll have a look in my posting history, to see if I can find it again.

pkm are saved match files. You can do this with an LNC file in your data folder like this:

The folder you need to put this file in will depened on what database version you are using. If you're on 10.3 it will be this folder (if you've got the Steam version):

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\lnc\all

If you installed from the disc it will be (I think):

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\lnc\all

Create a new file in this folder and name it with the extension "lnc" (that's an L, not an I), e.g. club_rename.lnc

In that file put the following:

"LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 1234 "New Long Club Name" ""

"SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 1234 "New Short Club Name" ""

Change 1234 for the unique ID of your club and obviously change the names to what you want. You can find the unique ID of your club either in the editor, or within the game by turning on "Show Unique IDs" in Preferences - it will be shown under your club name on the club screen.

If you already have an LNC file in the folder, you can tag these lines onto the end of it, you don't actually need a separate file.

Lastly, when I create an LNC file, just to be sure I put a copy in all the folders for the different DB versions (10.0, 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3):

So that would be:

• C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\lnc\all
  • C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1010\db\1010\lnc\all
  • C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\lnc\all
  • C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\lnc\all

You may have to restart the application for it to take effect, but you don't have to start a new save.

Something interesting happened, though. It refers to my team as the new team name in some instances, but still has the real team name in some other instances. How is that possible?

Which instances does it refer to your team as the old name? I'm guessing that at certain points when data is written to your save, club names and such may be hard-coded to save doing lookups and decrease processing time (e.g. where data is only stored for archival purposes - old match reports etc).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived