Something wrong with the way titles are given in Player Biography

Playing as Man City, I've finally won the Champions League. The problem is Zabaleta, who has played in every match except the final which he was injured, does not have the Champions League honours reflected in his player biography. Instead, the player who replaced him in the final, Lee Young-Pyo, does. Despite the fact that he only played in that one game the whole european campaign.

Is that how it is in real life?

I think this answers your question:

Samuel Eto'o can lay claim to being the most decorated African footballer in history following Barcelona's Champions League triumph on Wednesday night.

Barca's 2-0 victory over Manchester United in Rome handed the 28-year-old Cameroonian the second Champions League medal of his career.

No other African has a pair of winners' medals gained from actually playing in the final of Europe's premier competition.

Eto'o's compatriot Geremi has two Champions Leagues from his time with Real Madrid.

He was an unused substitute in the 2000 final and failed to make the match-day squad for the triumph two years later.

However, it is up to the discretion of the winning club, rather than Europe's governing football body Uefa, who medals are awarded to.

Still, your player really deserves a medal and should get one.

Ive noticed in the league if a player gets to his 10th game after you wrap up the league he doesnt get a medal either.

ie: 34 game season, win the league on match day 30, then a players gets to his 10th game on 31-34, he wont get the medal

Ah I see..thanks dafuge. Yep he really should.

Also I was half expecting FM to give me a news ticker that "Lee Young-Pyo has become the first Asian player to win a Champions League Title"..or something of the like.

Ah I see..thanks dafuge. Yep he really should.

Also I was half expecting FM to give me a news ticker that "Lee Young-Pyo has become the first Asian player to win a Champions League Title"..or something of the like.

You still won't get the message even if you have won because Park Ji Sung was the first Asian player to win the Champions League.

The club receive 30 winners medals from UEFA. Only the players in the match day squad receive them on the day. Park, Saha, Pique, Neville, Heaton, Welbeck and possibly others who were in the UEFA squad list (Eagles ect) will receive a medal.

Ive noticed in the league if a player gets to his 10th game after you wrap up the league he doesnt get a medal either.

ie: 34 game season, win the league on match day 30, then a players gets to his 10th game on 31-34, he wont get the medal

thats because in the prem the qualifying amount is 12 games, and also even though you might win the league with 6-7 games to go, the biographies wont show hes won the medal until the final game has been played. so as long as theyve played 12 games or more by the end of the last game they win a medal.

I'm pretty sure, in this game, cup winner/runner-up medals are only given to match day squads (ie. starting 11 and all subs)

Perhaps SI needs to put in how many medals are actually used, then give them to the 30 players who have played the most competition games for the clubs

Jonathan Greening did make the substitute's bench in the 1999 UEFA Champions League final. He later admitted that he "felt a bit of a fraud" for picking up his winner's medal, having not played a single minute of European football that season.[1]

Archived