Match odds..?

What are match odds based on..? why do teams promoted have the match odds to win when in reality looking at there squads they are weaker..?

If we are to use match odds to determine our tactics then obviously it's going to cause conflict using the wrong tactics?

don't think so i was tipped for relegation and was sitting pretty in the top half of the table but yet i was still wasn't favourite for games even if i was playing a strong team which were last in the league and getting relegated

Back in the old version of the game (up to 2008), the club's odds were based on pre-season expectations, regardless of form. This only changed at winter break, and then again at the end of the season.

I haven't played enough of the 2009 version, but it seems to be the same because I've played the first half of a season, leading the league (occasionally dropping to 2nd), and I've always been treated as a mid-table wannabe.

One of my rival teams was touted as a top team, with possible promotion, but is standing second to last in the league... and in my last Home game against them, they were still announced as favorites and an "impossible" game for my side.

I won 4-1 (with that "1" being a clear muck up from me in the last minutes of the game) so, clearly, not "impossible"...

I don't have the 2010 version, so no idea there.

Bottom-line: I ignore odds.

Archived