Experienced Heads (My ageing Chievo side)

Hi all

I thought it might be a laugh to try and sort of replicate the current Milan side by starting each game with at least seven players over the age of thirty two.

I'm managing Chievo Verona in Serie A and it's the year 2053

I have my scouts look specifically for players over the age of thirty one (These are my hot future prospects) with high attributes in their respective positions.

I have a thirty seven year old CB, two thirty six year old CM's, a thirty two year old FB and a thirty two year old CB a thirty four year old CF and a thirty two year old CM who start most of my games.

Now needless to say that in order to accomadate at least seven players over the age of thirty two you'll be required to play a certain way; low closing down, slow tempo, short passing a defensive mentality and a deep defensive line ect... This is because players over the age of thirty tend to have low stamina attributes can't cover half as much ground as a twenty something year old and tend to be slow.

I do have a couple of kids in my first team (20 year old Full Back, 22 Year old Forward and a 19 year old Winger), but then again Milan do have a couple of players under the age of 25 (Thiago Silva, Pato) and these players do the leg work.

I've had mixed success with my ageing side. We tend to play well at home (usually hogging the ball with about 60%-65% possesion) while away we're usually blown away (even though we do still hog the ball with about the same amount of possesion as we have at home).

For the most part opposing teams will either score from a set piece (penalty or corner) or from about 30 yards out late in the game when my midfielders are too tired to close down, but scarcely ever manage to splice us open.

We've finished eighth, fifth, eighth again and sixth and fourteenth over the last five seasons.

What made me do it? I haven't the foggiest but it's the most fun I've had with FM in a while, watching a thirty six year old CM labouring to chase a twenty five year forward about the place.

If you are thinking of doing this yourself please let me know how you are getting along

Best regards

LedZep

Archived