Harder To Score On 3D Full Match?

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie with Football Manager. I decided to watch the games using 3D "Full Match" because I actually enjoy it. I'm not in any hurry to finish a season. Anyway, when I watch the game on "Full Match" it appears to be very hard to score. My last 2 matches ended 0-0 and 1-0. When I have played matches using 3D with "Key Moments" it seems there is more scoring.

Has anyone else experienced this or do I need to just play more games on "Full Match" to see the scoring be the same as it is on "Key Moments"?

I don't know how the game engine works but I guess when it is played using "Key Moments" the game is simulated until a "key moment" occurs and then the game slows down to show it to you. I haven't tried 2D yet but I assume the game engine is the same for 2D as it is for 3D.

Also, what comes first? Does the 3D graphic engine generate the commentary or does the commentary generate the 3D graphics. I guess what I am asking is would you get the same results if you played the game using commentary only instead of graphics and commentary?

Thanks for any replies,

Jeff

There's no difference - each option is a different way of watching a representation of the exact same match.

The match engine generates the numbers, the numbers generate everything else at the same time, basically.

Even if you only watch key highlights, the rest of the match has still been simulated as normal.

On kick off, half time kick off, any time you make a sub etc, the rest of the match is calculated immediately.

So basically if you kick off, get to half time, kick off half time, make a sub, match ends the following will happen:

On kick off: The match is generated until half time

On half time kick off: The match is generated until full time

On making a sub: The rest of the match is re-generated, taking your changes into account

On kick off: The match is generated until half time

On half time kick off: The match is generated until full time

On making a sub: The rest of the match is re-generated, taking your changes into account

Every tactical instruction you make results in match re-generation until half-time/full-time. When you change something later, it's re-generated again.

But it's true what was said - highlight mode or camera view or 2D vs. 3D doesn't change already generated match.

Thanks for the replies. I noticed what you said above in my next match. I was switching back and forth between 3D and 2D and I also used 2D "radar" while playing in 3D.

What happens when the PC sims games in the background? Does it use the same engine as games that are played live?

Thanks again,

Jeff

It may sound ridicoluos but you have a point there. It happen to me before. When I lose a game I will load it back at play 3D ( commentary only ) and won it. I happen several times

Both time I use same tactic and no player instruction

Thanks for the replies. I noticed what you said above in my next match. I was switching back and forth between 3D and 2D and I also used 2D "radar" while playing in 3D.

What happens when the PC sims games in the background? Does it use the same engine as games that are played live?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Depending on what Detail option you've set the background leagues to, they will either use the full match engine, or a quick match engine.

Anything on full detail (which will automatically include every match in every competition you're part of) will use the full match engine. Everything else will use the quick match engine, which just generated the matches from start to finish immediately.

Depending on what Detail option you've set the background leagues to, they will either use the full match engine, or a quick match engine.

Anything on full detail (which will automatically include every match in every competition you're part of) will use the full match engine. Everything else will use the quick match engine, which just generated the matches from start to finish immediately.

Thanks for the replies. They have been very helpful. I have had my background leagues set to full detail.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Archived