Just Reinstalled Football Manager 2009

I must say i have been playing this years version of the game alot but have been struggling to maintain a save, losing interest quickly. I just simply could not put my finger on what i didn't enjoy. I remembered how much i loved FM09, had so many memorable games and so i decided to load it up and give it another go, already i am feeling optimistic about enjoying playing Football Manager again. The game just suits me better i guess and before people start coming on here saying FM09 or FM10 is better, its not about that one bit. I would just be interested to see if anyone who actually has this years game still uses FM09 as well and how much are you enjoying it compared to 2010?

i have never played 09 or 08 .. the thing that makes a game good is the speed in my opinion ... what is the quickest recent FM>?

Not 09 and thats a fact................the processing speed especially in the internatonal break was annoying imo.This years FM i think is a massive improvement on last years.

FM07 I had the most long term saves in, my first FM that I really got stuck into :cool: Worst possible time as well, year I had my GCSE's ;)

FM09 is alot better balanced with the ME, however almost a decade with the same comments all together around the staff, and media. It's beyond old lol

In FM10 it's like you either beat the ME or you get raped, it's just too many episodes stereotyped into it, that takes the fun out of it. Like advancing from the group stages in CL and becourse your reputation is worse than an obvious worse team, you get flunked most of the time anyways, logic left the game. And I sure hope to see that return next year, otherwise I think I'm done having fun anymore, and I will probably go kill myself. :p

But that said, I do love some new aspects in the new ME, however the hole idea of making fantast moves on that bar when the game are on, just beats me, it's useless, and really, you do NOT have that kind og changes in real life. So ditch that and I bet everything is back to normal, dont make a fantast wow game out of this, it's football, either you like it, or you dont. Theres really nothing inbetween. So no reason to try and dive for the childreen. They already got wow.

And yes **** happens, but not repeatedly. I wondered to reverse myself, what beats me most is that if you do not beat the ME, a second option is available, over power them, and thats primarily what I do. But I loose some obvious once now and then, and it's killing me. However I won 10 in a row when it hit the street with Milan, then the patch came and my house went on fire.

So more people with knowhow about football, and less WOW geeks on that team.

FM09 was a great game, and personally I like it better than FM10. Since, I mostly play in my laptop, the processing speeds doesnt affect much. FM10 is faster, only just.(I recently booted up my FM10 save in my desktop and was bamboozled by the processing speed...) And I also like the FM09 ME slightly better tbh. (Its only a personal viewpoint, since it allows me to score more goals :p, Corner tricks..) Though gameplay wise in 3d Mode you can see FM10 really scores over FM09. But I have loved the FM series ever since FM07, and obviously, no game ever comes close to FM08 ;):p

I have played FM08 , 2009 and 2010. Despite of having good memories with Fm08 and 09, I found that I love Fm10 most and I really can't abandon my latest newly started exciting career with Worcester in BSS.

FM10 is great if you choose a wealthy club, otherwise it's too much struggling imo. The corners and freekicks are just messed up entirely.

Another thing contra FM09 is the how well they pass to eachother, it's horrible compared. You could really get some awesome showoffs in FM09, They tend to be rare in FM10, I've seen a bit with Barca, but the other teams was also over powered by far. It seems very stereotyped in FM10, however dont get me wrong, I love this game, and I love to rant about it, I'm a sore looser, but thats what keeps me going to win more :)

FM09 is alot better balanced with the ME, however almost a decade with the same comments all together around the staff, and media. It's beyond old lol

In FM10 it's like you either beat the ME or you get raped, it's just too many episodes stereotyped into it, that takes the fun out of it. Like advancing from the group stages in CL and becourse your reputation is worse than an obvious worse team, you get flunked most of the time anyways, logic left the game. And I sure hope to see that return next year, otherwise I think I'm done having fun anymore, and I will probably go kill myself. :p

But that said, I do love some new aspects in the new ME, however the hole idea of making fantast moves on that bar when the game are on, just beats me, it's useless, and really, you do NOT have that kind og changes in real life. So ditch that and I bet everything is back to normal, dont make a fantast wow game out of this, it's football, either you like it, or you dont. Theres really nothing inbetween. So no reason to try and dive for the childreen. They already got wow.

And yes **** happens, but not repeatedly. I wondered to reverse myself, what beats me most is that if you do not beat the ME, a second option is available, over power them, and thats primarily what I do. But I loose some obvious once now and then, and it's killing me. However I won 10 in a row when it hit the street with Milan, then the patch came and my house went on fire.

So more people with knowhow about football, and less WOW geeks on that team.

i cant agree with you more. i hope SI understand what a mess they have done with the ME this year. it has been the only reason that is putting me off. corners and free kicks have never been this bad. when i had a save with bremen, i had mertesacker(jumping 20, heading 18), so i put him on the far post and put my corners to him, guess how many goals he scored from them in 4 seasons? 0. he headed them over the bar every single time which brings me to another huge problem in the ME, heading, i dont want to even get into it. i dont mind a few transfer bugs and like that, but these ME bugs are unacceptabe and are really having an effect on my game and thus i am not enjoying it as much i did the previous versions which were all better in terms of ME that fm10.

10 is a lot better for me, I did get 09 and hated it, I barely played it, was a waste of money trying to re-capture the love of football management games I had back in CM2 times etc. I gambled on 2010 being improved and more accessible, it turned out it was. 2009 just felt too much like you needed a degree in football management to play it, 2010 just feels so much easier to get into with the loss of the sliders and the likes.

i cant agree with you more. i hope SI understand what a mess they have done with the ME this year. it has been the only reason that is putting me off. corners and free kicks have never been this bad. when i had a save with bremen, i had mertesacker(jumping 20, heading 18), so i put him on the far post and put my corners to him, guess how many goals he scored from them in 4 seasons? 0. he headed them over the bar every single time which brings me to another huge problem in the ME, heading, i dont want to even get into it. i dont mind a few transfer bugs and like that, but these ME bugs are unacceptabe and are really having an effect on my game and thus i am not enjoying it as much i did the previous versions which were all better in terms of ME that fm10.

It was an issue been addressed for too long. SI said that they fixed it in the 09ME, but I still managed to bang in corner goals with the standard Challenge Keeper-6 yard box routine. Had Pepe score 20 goals per season. With FM10, I've got VdV (Corners 19 and inswinging) and Nani (Corners 16 Inswinging) banging in corners and Vidic and a regen (both Jumping/Heading 17+) getting just 3 goals in 4 seasons.

Now, I know SI said that they are gonna rectify this issue, methinks they rectified it a wee too much :p I mean look at Vermaelan and Terry, both have been scoring from corners and free kicks this time around in plenty...

Well to be honest - FM is eventually a game for those who seek success, nobody really wants the real-life hard and slow-building career of an anonymous football manager (unless your still in the age of taking barcelona and man utd every game you start). This is by far the most realistic FM in the series, but its also what makes it less addictive.

For me it was also obvious that addictiveness will fall as soons as 3D was introduced. Some of the beauty of this game lied in the room it left for your own imagination (addictiveness topic speaks for itself, A LOT of room). The more you see about the game -the more you know - the less is the excitement, let alone the fact that creating a perfect alterable simulation of a real-life football game is plainly impossible, and leaves no room for excuse as the circles in 2D and surely the commentaries in the old days have left.

Thats why CM 01/02 was and always will be the best, if only there was a way of incorporating some of the new managing options into the old one, I'd still be playing it, for sure.

Archived