How do you choose your team to manage?

Usually, I go "unemployed". But my method of choosing a team is thus. My IRL supported team, Liverpool. Teams that for one reason or another, I have an association with, Portsmouth, Tranmere Rovers and Hull City. Clubs that I regard as "big clubs" but not necessarily big teams, at present. Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United and there are a lot more. My main problem is that after about two seasons, if I haven't been sacked, is that I get fed up and tend to restart a new game. Kind regards to all.

I pick a team that I know will have a good transfer budget, as well as a squad with potential. I like my games to be as easy as possible because not only am I not the best manager around, but I don't have the time nor patience to work hard at a save.

Usually a team I've either watched in the past, or have an affinity for.

Currently, have just started a save with Dundee United. Last time I went to see them play, was a New Years Day match against Aberdeen. Alex McLeish was still in defence for the Dons, whilst a "promising" young striker by the name of Duncan Ferguson featured for Dundee United.

That was... erm... 20 years ago... ;)

I start unemployed, with Sunday footballer reputation. Then go to the Jobs section and sift through the clubs, checking the Information tab on all of them, until I find the clubs that have the least chances of success (low level of infrastructures, low value, smallest stadium, etc).

If there are more than one club in such condition, I go with the one with the apparently smallest/worse player squad... and apply for that.

Not sure if it's realistic or not, but in the past 4 or 5 years, that technique always led me to South African teams, except for 2007 (I think) where I went with Stal Dn from the Ukrayne... which either means South Africa have the worst teams in the world, or SI Games doesn't like them :p

I've tried to play a top team from the start once (SL Benfica), but didn't feel right, so I gave up after a few games.

Archived