First attribute you look at when looking at a Player profile

Strikers - Finishing and Composure

Wingers - Crossing and Pace

Midfielders - Passing, Creativity

Full Backs - Pace, Stamina, Positioning, Tackling

Defenders - Marking, Tackling, Positioning

Goalkeepers - One on Ones, Reflexes, Aerial Ability

Couldn't hugely care less for Determination unless it's below 10 and I suppose I went over the 'first attribute' I look at just a bit... :p

Couldn't hugely care less for Determination unless it's below 10 and I suppose I went over the 'first attribute' I look at just a bit... :p

This is what i do also

Strikers: Flair

Midfielders: Creativity

Defenders: Acceleration (Can't stand those slow huge rocks!)

GK: Reflexes

Obviously there's other skills that I look for. As an example: IMO flair is a waste for a striker if he's not also a good dribbler and got heaps of agility (Marquinhos on FM09 was a beast!;) ).

same :thup:

Strikers: finishing, composure, anticipation, off the ball, and either heading+jumping or pace+acceleration

Wingers: Dribbling, crossing, technique, pace, acceleration, anticipation

Attacking midfielders: Passing, creativity, technique, long shots, off the ball

Defensive midfielders: Tackling, passing, positioning, work rate, marking, concentration

Full backs: Crossing, concentration, tackling, marking, positioning, stamina

Centre backs: Tackling, marking, positioning, jumping, concentration

Goalkeepers: Reflexes, handling, positioning, agility

All players: Determination... but only once I've checked their key attributes. Stamina, too, for all players in front of the centre backs.

Determination. I would refuse to sign an outstanding player, even on a free transfer, if he had Ryan Babal-esque determination.

Determination, stamina, passing (except for players where it's unnecessary), teamwork, work rate - in that order.

i agree with most of the above posts. i like a player who is an all round athlete, a team full of players who are fast and strong is a plus, but pace isnt necessary for all positions, look at fabregas, canales, alonso, ok their all centre mids

I'll echo determination as the singular "must have" for all my players.

Other than that, I don't think you can single out any attributes. Depends on what tactical approach you're using really :)

Defender: Finishing/Flair

Midfielder: Reflexes/Handling

Striker: Aggression/Marking

:rolleyes: So just the usual for me...

Value. :D

Well, Determination actually. I try to eliminate any players with sub-standard Determination, Teamwork and Workrate from the team during my first season, unless their quality really stands out.

I also find Technique a good and useful all-round attribute to have, even when other technical attributes seem low.

It's normally a physical attribute. Most of the time it is Pace, but I've started looking at Jumping first as I am sick of having a team of midgets.

To be honest though the first thing I normally look at is the scouts opinion of their potential ability level (Leading Championship, etc..), then current ability then Strengths and Weaknesses. Then I will look at the player stats if the scout gives a decent report.

Determination, Workrate, Teamwork at all levels.

With a lower league team, also Stamina and Natural Fitness, 'cos you have to make do with a smaller squad.

With higher league teams, also Passing, Pace and Acceleration.

determination

second in the list is not even attribute, but scout/coach report page, when I see something like "isn't comfortable playing big matches" or "inconsistent performer" I'll forget about him

Determination. If it's less than 10 I won't sign the player unless I know for certain that I can match him up with a tutor.

As for specific positions...

Strikers- dribbling. I expect them to run with the ball and create chances.

Midfield- nothing specific. One plays defensively, the other more offensively.

Wingers- stamina. No point in signing a talented player if I'm going to have to sub him out every game after 60 minutes.

Defenders- jumping. Less than 10 automatically rules a player out from playing as a center back, and I like for my fullbacks to challenge in the air, as well.

Goalies- nothing specific.

it's always pace. a slow player isn't ever worth bothering with. nearly every other attribute can be offset by other stuff. but pace is non negotaible :)

Not entirely true, a deep playmaker could easily pull it off. However you would want a second midfielder with ball winning as main, kinda worked well for a good amount of time for me, doing just that. I'd say passing, creativity and some healthy mental stats would do you good. Unless you can afford the perfect player.

However acceleration and pace seems to work well most of the time, but it all depends on your concept of play. Fast or slow, direct or short passing etc. But in this ME it doesnt really matter all that much, just spray and pray. First of all I would go for as healthy overall stats as possible, then be creative if there are options to get one with better pace, and acceleration.

Archived