Installation and run problems - please help!

Hi all,

I have just installed FM2010 using the offline method, from a disk. However, once installation is complete it tells me that there were errors during installation, and that I should check the installation log. After trying, and failing, to find this, I tried running the game, but still nothing. I even downloaded and installed patch 10.3, but this hasn't seemed to make a difference.

If it helps, my system runs as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 1012

BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL

Processor: Intel® Atom CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 1014MB RAM

Page File: 1760MB used, 1282MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Card name: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A011&SUBSYS_041A1028&REV_00

Display Memory: 250 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 250 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Please help, I've been trying to get this working for so long, and cannot find any answers!

Thanks in advance, folks!

There is no error as such, the game just doesn't load at all! Although, it seems to have a process running when I start task manager. But the game itself never launches, and it doesn't appear in the list of currently running applications in the task manager. But when I try and run fm.exe, either from the desktop or the SI folder, the same thing happens every time, just a process in the task manager which eats up some CPU usage for a while, then fades, and nothing else happens!

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you install into the default directory and also use the default installation method (rather than custom). Not sure if they will fix it.

Otherwise, if you can, try using Steam to install the game.

Make sure you install into the default directory and also use the default installation method (rather than custom). Not sure if they will fix it.

Otherwise, if you can, try using Steam to install the game.

I'm trying to install it to the default directory. Then it comes up with the message saying it has installed but there were errors and check the installation log. The game then starts up.

I have then come out of it but there is no sign of the game in the program files (default) and I can't get it to load up again.

On Windows Vista or 7?

If so, press start and go to 'Games'. The icon may be in there.

Where are you looking for the game? If it starts up the first time, then it is definitely installed.

It's on Vista

Tried games and it's not in there. If I go into the uninstall programs bit it's in there and I can uninstall it so it must be somewhere. Tried a search looking for it and it doesn't find it either.

I found this on another forum

"I fixed this last night, heres how to do it - make a new account and call it games or something, then install the game on that account, it should install fine, then log back into your own account and find the fm 2010 files that you just installed, copy them to your own account, delete the new account you just made and the game should work fine after that"

Does this mean make a new user account?

Archived