Discipline for

I've recently had a problem with this. One of my players has missed a training session and I confused him with someone else who already was reprimended so I gave him a 1 week wage penalty, and he got ****ed.

Now he consistently misses training (did 3 times since that event) and I only gave him warnings but he still complaints that the warnings are harsh. I mean... it's not like there's anything lighter than a "warning" (short of doing nothing, of course).

In his profile it says he has instructed his manager to seek another team but, being a 38 year old geezer, there doesn't seem to be much interest. Interestingly, he didn't ask to be placed on the transfer list, and plays above-average when I send him in (he was a First Team player before the training misses, but now I relegated him to substitute).

I keep wondering if I had only given him a Warning on the first time, if his reaction would be different, or if he's just a naturally spoiled 38 year old brat. I'm also thinking of giving him 2 week penalties from now on... I mean, it's not like I'm going to renew a contract with him (if he doesn't retire), and it doesn't seem like anyone else will pay for his services.

what I do with the warnings/fines is: miss training once verbal, second time 1 week fine and so on. But with red cards I look at a few times in the replay if it looks nasty 1 week fine, if it two yellows i think about what the two cards were for so sometimes i don't bother fining them

Archived