How to make game exciting again

If you get bored of the same old files on FM, try what I just did - holiday without a club for a year, retire your guy and make you're new manager take over one of the underachieving clubs :) I just took over Arsenal who came 9th (despite my IRL hatred of them :)) and I'm having a Gunners revolution.. exciting times :)

Its just to make new challenges, i.e. if you go Arsenal everytime at the start then its always going to be the same challenge.. holidaying a year and taking them over after theyve finished 9th and Wenger has been sacked is something fresh imho

Taking over Arsenal is hardly challenging is it! Taking over any of the top 5 in England will usually guarantee success. Now taking over the likes of Portsmouth, Hull etc would be challenging though.

Another way is to start with 'unknown players', which you get by unticking 'use real players'.

Couple this with starting a few seasons in and you won't know where you are.

There skill base are entirely different.

The PPM's remain the same. However their CA is reevaluated based on their positions, which also differ slightly.

In the games I have started, Defoe is either a striker, as usual or a striker AND AMR and this happens 50% of the time.

You will find that skills are far more relevant based on position, which sometimes isnt always best as you find most players are very very pacey.

LAM

Another way is to start with 'unknown players', which you get by unticking 'use real players'.

Couple this with starting a few seasons in and you won't know where you are.

After reading your post I have started as fulham in the prem with no known players, now Im certain that they havent just renamed existing players as such, as I remember the old CM days where there would be a 28 year old french striker suspiciously has similar stats to the likes of henry, now adays ive noticed they kep stats nd age but change name and even country to add something even more different!! Im looking forward to this as this saves holidaying to the 20 20's just to get unknow players, I did this over a couple of days last week and the game takes so long to load, this would have saved me so much trouble, its one of those features I have only once used in the past and hadnt thought to use it again! :thup:

Archived