How do AI clubs pick managers?

On my game I have the MLS loaded as a playable league, there is a team called Carolina who play in the division below the MLS. The teams in this division are entered into the US Cup but cannot be promoted into the MLS. Their manager has taken this team and won the MLS cup twice once in 2010 and once in 2013. In that time there have been at least 15 managerial changes in the MLS and in other various leagues such as Japan, Egypt and Australia. Why has no one given this guy a chance?

His reputation is National and he has got decent attributes, surely winning two domestic trophies with a 2nd division side should get him recognised by someone in the MLS.

Just got me thinking how does the AI pick their manager, is it all by reputation rather than achievements?

Just got me thinking how does the AI pick their manager, is it all by reputation rather than achievements?

*ahem*

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!

I was going to say flip a coin, but your version means they can select from more than 2 so may be more likely.

Definitely my method, by far the most obvious way AI does it. AI doesn't have fingers to flip a coin, idiot ;)

*Sorry for not giving a serious answer AcidBurn*

Archived