What's the Richest Clubs based on?

I would pressume its the total assests of the football club. So this would include balance , player value + other assests (such as stadium - training and youth facilities and other smaller things like paper clips :D) that would be my take on it so thats far from fact! :p

balance, players value, chairman, loans/ debts

I believe that you were right in saying that the chairman has an effect on the value of a club, because I was way ahead on the rich list as Chelsea (in 2023 and the roughly 7 years before it), but out of nowhere Inter have replaced me as the richest club in the world. I found it odd, but forgot about it untill I read this thread..

I checked their competition history and the last time that they have won the Serie A was in 2009, they haven't won the Champs League since 1964. They last won the SuperCoppa in 2011 and the TIM Cup in 2015.

FCInternazionale.png

In other words it couldn't possibly be as a result of them performing well in competitions (they even finished 14th in the league the season before). I then went to check the Inter's landmarks tab and it shows that a Tycoon has just taken over the club. So no doubt that the chairman's willingness to put money into the club ups a club on the rich list.

FCInternazionale-2.png

I would have taken a screenie of the rich list as well, but since I can't find it (that inbox item has been deleted) I haven't been able to. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Okay thanks, I almost never use the 'world' menu...

There was only a half million pound difference between Chelsea and Inter when the annual richest list was produced and that's why it has now subtly changed so quickly with the two teams switching ranking positions.

World.png

yes and facilities i forgot. As for chairman, i would say it because it appears to be more than the balance. Many times chairmen may inject money out of nowhere
I believe that you were right in saying that the chairman has an effect on the value of a club, because I was way ahead on the rich list as Chelsea (in 2023 and the roughly 7 years before it), but out of nowhere Inter have replaced me as the richest club in the world. I found it odd, but forgot about it untill I read this thread..

I checked their competition history and the last time that they have won the Serie A was in 2009, they haven't won the Champs League since 1964. They last won the SuperCoppa in 2011 and the TIM Cup in 2015.

Yes you are both correct that a very wealthy chairman has a big impact on the finances of a club - but the chairmans wealth or potential does not effect the clubs value or I dont think so. It does not matter if the chairman is a porper or the wealthies man on the planet when the clubs value is calculated. Yes the chairman may have injected money into the club in the past which will increase the balance and thus the value of the club but when a snap shot of the business is seen in terms of the total assests then the chairman is not part of the assests so his personel wealth at that given point in time does not effect the estimated wealth of the club - yes they have contributed to that wealth in the past and they may well do in the future but they are not factored into the equation when dealing with the clubs value.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but in answer to the OP's question I dont think we can factor the chairmans personel wealth (club wealth yes, but that is tied to the club and not the chairman in the form of other injections/investments) into the equation when calculation the value of the club - I may be wrong but that my take on it.

Club value is based on things such as club finances, stadium size, facilities and so forth. Wealthy chairman do too. After I got taken over one time my value shot up by about £20,000,000; one of the many benefit's of a tycoon takeover.

I think past success has something to do with it as well. Not overly sure because in general success will coincide with better finances, and in most cases better stadium + facilities so not sure on that one.

What about when the debt is far greater than the clubs worth? On FM, Man Utd are valued at £236m, while they have a debt of £386m.

That's why I think it's turnover.

LOL @ Adam Federici managing Inter Milan.

That's why I think it's turnover.

LOL @ Adam Federici managing Inter Milan.

I can’t see how, as Man Utd made £295,538,267 last season, and West Ham brought in £563,794,679. Man Utd ran at a loss, and West Ham ran at a profit. There has to be something more that effects the clubs valuation.

Archived