Desperately need some help with mac and fm 2010

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install fm 2010 on my macbook pro and have been failing miserably.

I bought the dvd online at amazon and it says that it is compatible with a mac.

This is the game: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2010-MAC-DVD/dp/B002K8Q07M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272632089&sr=8-1

However everytime i try to install it it seems to the bar that is showing the progress seems to reach a quarter and then it straight away says that the installation is complete. And when I try and launch fm 2010 it doesnt work. It doesnt launch and an error occurs. I first thought this was a problem with the game and hence asked amazon for a replacement and they duly obliged and sent me another one. But it has happened with this dvd as well.

Here are the specs for my macbook pro

Its a 13 inch macbook pro 5, 5

Intel core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz

This is with 4GB ram

I am using the Mac OS X 10.6.3

And the graphics card is the built it NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

I was wondering whether I could run the game on these specs?

I was also hoping whether anyone has encountered this problem before and could tell me how to fix it as i would really like to play the game.

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

• Administrators

You need to install the 10.3 patch which can be found via links in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=192934

However, remember if you're running from DVD you need the Mac boxed version, and if from a digital download you need the Mac Digital patch.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• 1 month later...

hey

ive been having difficulty trying to load my fm 2010 on my macbook. it worked perfectly fine for a while then all of a sudden it kept saying error. after reading the other comments i downloaded the newest patch but it still doesnt seem to work. once ive downloaded the patch am i meant to do anything else? its on my screen like a disk drive down below the fm disk sign but it still doesnt work??

any help would be much appreciated thanks!!!

Archived