Youth players and coaches

Afternoon all,

I was just wondering ... does the quality (or lack of) your youth coaches affect the quality of the players that come through your youth system?

I don't have any youth coaches at the minute (I'm playing in the lower divisions and I can't spare the places - I need them for the first team!) and I'm wondering if it'll be having a negative impact on the players coming through ..

TIA!

quality of youth promotions is down to :-

Standard of Facilities

the presence of youth coaches possibly determines :-

Rate of Development

Development of PPM's

--

Towns, Cities and Villages are given an 'Attractiveness' rating in the DB

Major conurbations (Manchester, London etc) score highly, whilst less desirable locations (Grimsby, Macclesfield etc) score very low.

If 2 clubs are equal in other respects, then where they are 'in the world' can have an effect too (This might even extend to regular transfers aswell .....)

I've only seen the PPM learning occur with FM07, with no youthcoach youth players just developed according to thier training programmes ... quite slowly infact :p

The next season I employed a youthcoach and a few players that had no ppm's developed 1-3 each..

It could have been coincidence but the only change was the hiring of the youthcoach, facilties/league remained unchanged.

Archived