Failed to load platform modules

Hi, I've had FM2010 installed via Steam for ages. Then suddenly last night when I go to launch Steam the following error message appears:

'Fatal Error: Failed to load platform modules'

Can anyone help? I want to play my Monaco save.

Hi, neither works! I've tried the 'regedit' way and the language file is already set to english.

I've tried the ClientRegistry.blob fix but I can't find this file. Where should it be located? I've tried the search on it and nothing comes up. I've also read that deleting or renaming 'steam.dlls' fixes this problem but still can't find the file.

Please help?

Hi, I've had FM2010 installed via Steam for ages. Then suddenly last night when I go to launch Steam the following error message appears:

'Fatal Error: Failed to load platform modules'.

Strangely I have just had the same error for the first time. I followed the help in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=156429&highlight=steam+error this seems to have rectified the problem and the game appears to have loaded ok.

I followed the following steps from said thread:

Step one Verify Game cache

How to :

-Load Steam

-From the My Games tab, right-click on FM2010 and select Properties from the menu.

-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Step Two : Restart Steam

Step Tree Verify Game Cache again

it should download the damaged files

For some reason the patch is damaging the game files ,creating errors SI needs to look at this.

Hope this helps.

FYI the help relates to patch 10.2 but seems to have worked nonetheless.

Archived