Stay in Brazil or go to Russia after just one season?

I started as an unemployed Brazilian within the Brazilian League along with a number other nations in South America & Europe, ( I have a high end fast PC) I immediately applied & accepted the offer of the best job available to me, Figuierense in the 2nd division, just relegated from the first.

During the first season set in 2009 on FM2010, I guided the team to instant success in the Santa Catarina State Championship losing just one game in the process. Reached the 3rd Round of the Copa Brasil which was a minimum requirement from the club's board. THen after a slow start, stormed to win the 2nd Division Championship & promotion to the top division losing just 3 games thus winning the manager of the year for that division.

By many standards it was an impressive first season and I was really looking forward to a more difficult task in the top league with the likes of Flamengo, Sao Paulo, Santos, & Cruzeiro to play.

Then an unexpected call came from Russian club FK Rubin Kazan approached me with an offer to take over the club. Their previous manager left to join Zenit St Petersburg while Luigi Spaletti left to join Spurs! As in the game Rubin finished 3rd in their Premier League with Zenit as Champs. They are in the second round proper of the Euro Champs League due to face Chelsea, they condemned Internazionale to 3rd in their group, so they are seen as a force to be reckoned with having already won the league the previous year. In retrospect this is a very big opportunity leaving an unknown club to a club emerging to become a bigger force in Russia while making noises in Europe.

Obviously I saved Figuierense just before accepting the offer then as Rubin once I accepted it. But I'm feeling like any up & coming manager would feel. Wanting a crack at the Brazilian top flight only to find a bigger job comes along although its in Russia, it's Rubin Kazan for heavens sake not CSKA or Spartak. In real life it can easily have been one of Brazil's top clubs to come in for me but no one came. For the start of 2010 season the transfer budget at Rubin is £35m compared to Figuierense's £750,000 and there are less games in Russia without a State Championship

I'm playing FM2010 later tonight and don't know who with, shall I do the Russian job or stay in Brazil & prove myself in the top division. What do you think guys? Anybody else in a similar situation?

:confused:

Wow Ive already posted something similar right now. I got an offer from Bolton when managing in 2º division of Germany. First as roleplaying manager I though that it was a really good opportunity of learning another language and performing my knowledge of the players of England and also a hugh amount of money and respect. But then I though that keeping in my own country would be better and breaking my actual contract wouldnt be honorable.

I’d go with the step up in your career (Russia). :)

How is that a step up?

Brazil <3

----

To the op.. Figuierense is my fav team ;3 .. They have a awesome squad.

I say stay and try win everything you can.

I wouldent worry about transfer budget.. players arnt that expensive in Brazil.

And you can easiely earn money.

Hey! I went from Rubin Kazan to Brazil.

The Russian league is good, except for restrictions on foreigners, and Rubin are fairly well off. The season's also out of step with the European competitions.

I preferred the playing styles in Brazil but the seasons were too long for me.

Some State leagues have many matches and some have very few. They are all different.

I'd stay in Brazil, managed in Russia on a save in 08 or 09 didn't enjoy it really found it far too easy, the challenge I suppose is to win a European trophy, but with £35million to spend you should really walk the Russian title, imo

Brazil = poverty.

Russia = slightly less poverty. :)

Really?

You don't need big bucks to buy good players in Brazil.

Russia\Europe = Inflated econemy/wages

Brazil = Awesome econemy/wages

The entier figueirense wage budget is 63 000

55 Players + Staff

Lets take Fabregas, he earns around the same amout in FM in the start of the game.

Now, hes rep is prob way higher then the entier team but that does not change the fact that you need more money to pay inflated wages in europe then you would in Brazil.

Hench no need for millions of tycoon dollars.

Also, tycoon takeovers are game breaker for me, kinds of ruins the fun, no?

Brazil cant have any takeovers what so ever except for new chariman from the board.

Just my cents. :rolleyes:

Really?

You don't need big bucks to buy good players in Brazil.

Russia\Europe = Inflated econemy/wages

Brazil = Awesome econemy/wages

The entier figueirense wage budget is 63 000

55 Players + Staff

Lets take Fabregas, he earns around the same amout in FM in the start of the game.

Now, hes rep is prob way higher then the entier team but that does not change the fact that you need more money to pay inflated wages in europe then you would in Brazil.

Hench no need for millions of tycoon dollars.

Also, tycoon takeovers are game breaker for me, kinds of ruins the fun, no?

Brazil cant have any takeovers what so ever except for new chariman from the board.

Just my cents. :rolleyes:

Haha fair enough, I see your point. But does Brazil have

:).

I like a different game from you obviously, each to their own I guess.

Haha fair enough, I see your point. But does Brazil have
:).

I like a different game from you obviously, each to their own I guess.

Lmao that was so random :thup:

yeah each to their own ;)

Lmao that was so random :thup:

yeah each to their own ;)

If I lose an argument, or fail to make a point, I just take the **** :). Glad I could provide some entertainment. Now that you’ve spoken about Brazil, I may be inclined to give them a go later, any teams you would recommend? I’d only want a quick play, nothing too in-depth. :)

If I loser an argument, or fail to make a point, I just take the **** :). Glad I could provide some entertainment. Now that you’ve spoken about Brazil, I may be inclined to give them a go later, any teams you would recommend? I’d only want a quick play, nothing too in-depth. :)

You cant fail with Figueirense really.. you don't need to buy any players to have success, except for maybe borrowing 1-2 full backs.. they play in Serie B (serie b is pretty easy)

If you want a top beater.. Santos is a stronge side.

Neymar.. need i say more? :D

Sao Paulo and Internacional is kind of the big great, but they have somwhat flakey success in FM2010 .. i saw them both drop down to Serie B in my 2nd season in my last save.

but yeah.. Figueirense ;) plug and play team if you want to get the feel of the league.

also.. start in 2008 if you do try Brazil.. Cause the season starts in january of 2009.

Alright, I might give them a go next week or so. I will have to hit you up for some advice though :).

I’ve always liked the Australian A-League, try that if you’ve never played it before. It’s very similar to our AFL league, if not, identical. I like the idea of the salary cap, and a marquee player, not being able to poach players from other teams (unless they are out of contract) and being limited on foreign players. Go for my home team, Perth Glory, the future home of Robbie Fowler (big news here in Perth aha).

Or you know, don’t worry aha. :)

Alright, I might give them a go next week or so. I will have to hit you up for some advice though :).

I’ve always liked the Australian A-League, try that if you’ve never played it before. It’s very similar to our AFL league, if not, identical. I like the idea of the salary cap, and a marquee player, not being able to poach players from other teams (unless they are out of contract) and being limited on foreign players. Go for my home team, Perth Glory, the future home of Robbie Fowler (big news here in Perth aha).

Or you know, don’t worry aha. :)

If i have a weak moment i might try them .. tho i'm kind of been managing in Brazil only since FM07 ;)

I can pm you my messenger info so you can ask til your hearts content. ^_^

Archived