how do you search for wonderkids

Wait till my scouts ask me if it is OK to scout a nation/region. I then ask them to Scout that Nation for players under 19, and then players over 25 for the first team - that is if my club allows me more than 1 scout of course

The other thing you can do is go to the U18 teams of major nations (or any nation really) and look for players who are 15, 16, 17 and already playing a level above their age. Then scout them individually. I turned up a really good Algerian prospect this way, assigned him to my Belgian feeder team for a year or so and he's now (at 19) scoring 20 a season for me.

The other thing you can do is go to the U18 teams of major nations (or any nation really) and look for players who are 15, 16, 17 and already playing a level above their age. Then scout them individually. I turned up a really good Algerian prospect this way, assigned him to my Belgian feeder team for a year or so and he's now (at 19) scoring 20 a season for me.

What this guy said. It can be a bit pain staking but IMO this is the best way to pick up pre-wonderkid material. For example, if you have a 15/16 year old as starting MC in the U18/19', theres a good chance he's going to be a future star.

Get as many good scouts employed as possible and when they find a prospect get every scout you have to give a report card.

As more of the world you scout the more players will appear on the search player list. I would recommend getting a scout from all major countries (Brazil, Spain etc) and also as many feeder clubs from different countries as possible.

Having got through 11 seasons I have found out that the reputation play a big role - or better still all high potential players from the start seem to be of national reputation or better still have a good CA and have the potential to be very good. In as much if there is a 16 year old with big potential (attributes wise) if his reputation is local then its more than likely that his PA is not high enough. There may be exceptions but on the whole IMO this is the case. So if you see a great looking player and his reputation is not national and is local, then his hidden stats e.g. his CA will not be over a certain number and also his PA will not be too great.

As Ive bought loads of great potential players but there attributes dont improve vastly becasue they are capped, i.e. they have a ceiling (PA) and thus will never become a wonder kid and thus world class player.

And what people have said - filter search - Strickers - under 20 - core attributes finishing, anticipation, composure, off the ball, and then other attributes that you are looking for but cap the attribute search at say at least 13 - as there will not be loads of young prospects with 15's all over. The same for CB's - heading, tackling, marking and other less important attributes, etc, etc.

I'm not saying don't touch local reputation players, but often the players with high PA who are likely to start off as wonder kids and possibly world-class seem to have national reputations - as their CA are hign enough to be a wonder kid. As i've had many players with great attributes but never seem to improve that much (local reputation to start) and Ive had similar attributes players who have gone from wonderkids to world class becasue they have had high PA and hence a high reputation aswell as a good CA from the off.

So reputation is king!!! :D

Take the player below - just come in my recent youth intake. He looks to have very good attributes - but I don't know how good he will eventually be. He looks to have a CA of around 140 - 150 which again is very good but becasue his reputation was national as soon as he arrived - the other players through the youth intake were all local reputation tells me that his PA is very high becasue his reputation is national which is quite rare in a 16 year old. If a player had the same attributes and CA - but his reputation was local then I'm pretty sure his PA would be alot less then the player below. Reputation, reputation, reputation!!! :D Not many people look at it in their youth prospects with this in mind but IMO it holds the key!

Castro.png

Castro2.png

Think of Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo (fatty or other one) they were all pretty well know at a very young age and went onto becomming super stars - yes there are other less known to start off players but in FM due to the CA/PA systems the great players of the future start of with a high CA and high PA and this is shown in the reputation.

PS: the player above got the Caps for Spain so early was becasue I am the manager! A bit of a leg up and all of that.

At some point in each season just get a scout report for every player from every major country's U21/18 squads. Click on the arrow next to the top player, shift+click on the arrown next to the bottom player. Right click, Scouting report. Brute force, takes a little while to set it up, but dead easy to do, and you shouldn't really miss anyone unless they're from somewhere like Cape Verde.

You don't need to bother looking for the ones who are playing above their level or anything, just set your scout (or scouts, but its as easy to just do it with one, even if it will take a little longer in game time to get all the reports back) off , then after a while just look back at the players he rates highest.

At some point in each season just get a scout report for every player from every major country's U21/18 squads. Click on the arrow next to the top player, shift+click on the arrown next to the bottom player. Right click, Scouting report. Brute force, takes a little while to set it up, but dead easy to do, and you shouldn't really miss anyone unless they're from somewhere like Cape Verde.

You don't need to bother looking for the ones who are playing above their level or anything, just set your scout (or scouts, but its as easy to just do it with one, even if it will take a little longer in game time to get all the reports back) off , then after a while just look back at the players he rates highest.

I feel like an idiot now.. i never knew you could do that to pick the entire squad then scout.. i've always scouted one at a time and was getting tired of freaking right click through entire squads...

THANKS A LOT :)

I feel like an idiot now.. i never knew you could do that to pick the entire squad then scout.. i've always scouted one at a time and was getting tired of freaking right click through entire squads...

THANKS A LOT :)

Amen to that, only discovered this last season and it has saved my life

Amen to that, only discovered this last season and it has saved my life

I never though many of you never applied simple windows shortcut keys in FM. :)

control + A = select all

control + S = save the current game

control + shift + S = save the current game in a new name

etc.

• 1 month later...

i think if you want to keep your game realistic and a challenge you dont use genie etc. i used to use FMRTE to edit players to keep some top teams good, years later when it came to signing players it took somthign away from the pleasure knowing i had looked at hidden stats...

And there's also a thread here elsewhere that lists when all the new batches of youngsters come through from each country as it varies from region to region, which is useful to know when searching for new youngsters

Yeah i use that list.

What i tend to do is on the dates specified on the list go to that country and view all clubs. I then go into each club screen and look for newly created youth players and scout them. Its quite time consuming but really worth it as i have found some great talents like this.

Yeah i use that list.

What i tend to do is on the dates specified on the list go to that country and view all clubs. I then go into each club screen and look for newly created youth players and scout them. Its quite time consuming but really worth it as i have found some great talents like this.

This. Another benefit is that you can usually get the kid cheaper because he hasn't signed a contract...and the club doesn't have a choice over whether or not he can leave. I set up notes that remind me when each team's regens are ready, so that I can make sure to go through and scout their players; it's time consuming, and you get a ton of e-mails, but it's worth it in the long run.

Only thing to note: some countries (Brazil's a big one) don't allow youngsters under 18 to leave their club. That means that you can do this, but then find out you need to wait two years for the player to come to your team, and by that point you probably don't need or want him.

Could you provide a link to this list of which you speak? I'm doing my upmost to get all the best regens from my current season and there are none above 3 star PA. Haven't found one in a few years either ! (Aside from my youth team providing one)

Could you provide a link to this list of which you speak? I'm doing my upmost to get all the best regens from my current season and there are none above 3 star PA. Haven't found one in a few years either ! (Aside from my youth team providing one)

below is a link to the thread containing the dates.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=116539&highlight=regen+dates

I just copied and pasted it to a word document and printed it out. it lives next to my keyboard now so i can see at a quick glance when regens are generated in other countries.

Archived