Oh Come on how is this not offside?

Does it look that bad on 2D aswell? Just interested but it probably does... only thing i could say is ouch!

Although, that is assuming he's(the striker) in that position when the ball actually leaves (whoever has the ball) the players feet!

Did your team complain or look annoyed/get any commentary about it?

Got a screenshot of the actual moment the ball's released? In the time that the ball has moved to it's position in your screenshots it's perfectly possible that the striker has moved further forwards and the defenders stepped further up, and in the initial instance of the ball being released it could look much tighter.

Obviously it looks like it'll still be offside, but even so offside should be measured from the very instant the ball leaves the player's foot.

Does it look that bad on 2D aswell? Just interested but it probably does... only thing i could say is ouch!

Although, that is assuming he's(the striker) in that position when the ball actually leaves (whoever has the ball) the players feet!

Did your team complain or look annoyed/get any commentary about it?

Got all the players running to the linesman complaining, afterwards no feedback from press about the offside, only thing we complained about was a penalty not being given.

Got a screenshot of the actual moment the ball's released? In the time that the ball has moved to it's position in your screenshots it's perfectly possible that the striker has moved further forwards and the defenders stepped further up, and in the initial instance of the ball being released it could look much tighter.

Obviously it looks like it'll still be offside, but even so offside should be measured from the very instant the ball leaves the player's foot.

The screenshot is the shot where it leaves the foot. I can't get it any closer then that. The shot before that would be the ball on his feet.

Judging how Palacios is the name showing in the 2nd screenshot I would guess that it was him that picked it up and so the other player wasn't technically interfering with play and so wasn't offside for this play.

Nope it wasn't, maybe the pass was meant to be for him but it reached the player next to my keeper. I'll get a screenshot of that tonight.

THe 2nd screen shot shows the ball routing going towards the striker next to my keeper not towards Palacious.

Anyhow surly the player next to my keeper would be inferring with play, he's blocking my keeper in getting the ball.

Even so, the distance the players would have had to move (even allowing for striker and defenders both moving in opposite directions) is significantly larger than the ball has moved so either the players are all lightning fast or the ball is moving incredibly slowly. The best you can say is the striker might have been 2 yards offside when the ball was played instead of 5.

Everyone needs to calm down and remember that shocking decisions happen week in week out IRL.

Obviously your screenies don't show us how bad this decision is but in recent weeks alone seriously offside goals have been scored by Drogba and Klose in massive games to name just 2.

Its football, pick yourselves up and come back more determined to win it next time. :thup:

Everyone needs to calm down and remember that shocking decisions happen week in week out IRL.

Obviously your screenies don't show us how bad this decision is but in recent weeks alone seriously offside goals have been scored by Drogba and Klose in massive games to name just 2.

Its football, pick yourselves up and come back more determined to win it next time. :thup:

Bit hard on a got damn computer. There is no option for "look lads the AI is a cheat, so make sure to defend on the goal line, that way we can eradicate the offside"

Or

"Right so after playing this game for over 10 years, we now know the AI are cheating ***** and so we will play to their systems, Rooney and Defoe you play offside, Yes! offside!, it doesn't matter if you are offside, just stay offside"

Bit hard on a got damn computer. There is no option for "look lads the AI is a cheat, so make sure to defend on the goal line, that way we can eradicate the offside"

Or

"Right so after playing this game for over 10 years, we now know the AI are cheating ***** and so we will play to their systems, Rooney and Defoe you play offside, Yes! offside!, it doesn't matter if you are offside, just stay offside"

Do you honestly think the AI cheats? If so then you need to know now that there is no Santa Claus, the earth is not flat and that evolution is a fact.

Do you honestly think the AI cheats? If so then you need to know now that there is no Santa Claus, the earth is not flat and that evolution is a fact.
Sarcasm is the rhetorical device of using irony in the characterization of someone or something in order to express contempt toward that person or thing.[1] A common form of sarcasm, for example, in conversation, involves what seems to be praising some action that actually is intended to be interpreted, instead, as ridiculing it; this interpretation is usually surmised through the recognition of the irony of such a comment.

Errors in the judgement of referees and linesman are programmed in to reflect RL.

Your case whilst looking obvious is probably made worse by the way the graphics have interpreted the ME.

No argument with this, but the misrepresentation of the ME by the graphics is a fairly worrying explanation. The graphical representation is one of the biggest ways the player has of identifying what is working and what is failing with their tactics. If it's showing a borderline offside call as the striker being 5 yards off then how are we to know it's reliable on matters like closing down, long shots, passing accuracy etc? Obviously the answer is trial and error, but it would suggest a lot more trial to make up for more error.

While I'm all for incorporating officials errors into the game, that's atrocious. I can't believe that in real life in a World Cup match that such a goal would stand. It simply wouldn't happen. So to put something that blatant in the game and let them get away with it is unfair in the extreme.

While I'm all for incorporating officials errors into the game, that's atrocious. I can't believe that in real life in a World Cup match that such a goal would stand. It simply wouldn't happen. So to put something that blatant in the game and let them get away with it is unfair in the extreme.

***cough*** Maradona ***cough***

No argument with this, but the misrepresentation of the ME by the graphics is a fairly worrying explanation. The graphical representation is one of the biggest ways the player has of identifying what is working and what is failing with their tactics. If it's showing a borderline offside call as the striker being 5 yards off then how are we to know it's reliable on matters like closing down, long shots, passing accuracy etc? Obviously the answer is trial and error, but it would suggest a lot more trial to make up for more error.

Its improved from 09 from what I've seen as I get the impression it happens much less often now.

Once you watch a few games it also becomes obvious when its happened and you look for clues in the commentary. In the OP case the players complaining suggest its offside but to confirm I would look to see what the commentator said.

The worst case that frustrates users the most is when a striker & defender are chasing a through ball and the defender looks like he'll clearly get to it first only to freeze allowing the striker to take a shot. Rather than get annoyed people need to look for other clues and read between the lines a bit more to understand what has happened.

Graeme Polls 3 yellow cards were in a world cup match. Even FIFA (much as they wish they could) cannot eradicate these errors. It can happen in any match, no matter what level.

The last World cup there were shocking decisions all around from ref's.

Offside goals, fouls missed, dives missed and even a player getting 3 yellow cards. It is quite easily believable that could happen.

The worst case that frustrates users the most is when a striker & defender are chasing a through ball and the defender looks like he'll clearly get to it first only to freeze allowing the striker to take a shot. Rather than get annoyed people need to look for other clues and read between the lines a bit more to understand what has happened.

Yeah, that one is frustrating. As is players apparently ignoring a pass that rolls within two feet of them because it wasn't intended for them only for it to be intercepted easily by the opposition because the intended recipient had to run 20 yards to get to it.

No one has asked what the match summary said about the referee. If it said he had an excellent game there is something wrong.

Archived