Last year i won the treble... this year mid table!

i have an arsenal save were i have been successful for 9 seasons, last season i won the treble (prem, fa cup and champo league). I got 101 points in the league last year andI have some of the best players in the world many of whom are regens and despite changing my tactics, calling team meetings, disciplining for poor performance, encouraging them when they are play badly (as they do every week this season) i have only picked up 28 points from my first 19 games and i sit 11th in the table. I have only scored 24 goals, which is the problem!!!

so how can i make my strikers score freely again?

(i have also have the leagues top goalscorer for 2 seasons on the trot but even he cant score, so i signed ballotelli and he cannot score either :S)

thanks for any suggestions

It seems team morale is pretty poor and disciplining for poor performance will only exasperate the problem - I know you have been encouraging them but be more positive - when morale declines it can turn into a 'snowball' effect. Thats all I can say really, based on what you have said without going into too much detail.

moral of most player is very good or superb... i have a few players who have very poor moral though (beacause i left them out of champo league squad because they are in my squad but not first team) so i am trying to sell them :)

but i will not fine them anymore (although it has saved a tonne of money), thanks

No worries but the fact that you went from kings of Europe to mid table in EPL is very bizzare! I just don't know how it could have happened- keep plugging away Fm - I would say the various cliche's about how to turn a team around but it won't help you - I'm just lost for words to be honest - maybe target Europe - (Europa League) and maybe down play in your team talks - say you can win this - rather than say I expect a win.

to OP: quite simply parking the bus is far too effective in FM.

Inter last night proved that it is effective but in FM even the worst team can do this just as effectively as Inter do.

The solution I found was to do the same and play a very defensive game, which is exactly how sides who dominate irl play (not!)- as I quite simply got fed up with dominating games, creating loads of CCCs and yet losing or drawing games to poor sides carving me open once per game and their journeyman striker putting away his single chance while my world class strikers miss chance after chance.

The balance of FM is quite simply awful as the methods of providing some kind of challenge are very transparent. No wonder people feel the game cheats- as it simply doesnt provide a realistic challenge. SI really do need to go back to basics, as the game is a mess.

I'll speculate and say that things really went downhill with FM when we got FML- I thought the ME would benefit from FML, if anything it is getting progressively worse.

Just because you can't answer the questions the game poses doesn't mean the game it broken.

It's perfectly possible to break down stubborn defences using creator settings and no set piece cheats. It is a matter of learning to read the match, knowing your players, playing to a strategic plan and discovering how to overcome bad performances in doing so. Sometimes you might have to sit back for a while and play keep ball. Other times you can go for the jugular. It's just a matter of knowing what to do and when to do it.

It happened to me in my current save with spurs i won 3 PL's in a row and a CL then all of a sudden my team wasn't performing.This was like this for 2 yrs now were back to are best and lookin faves for the PL again.

I put it down to a transition period as my regens were just becoming top class players.

Archived