Annoying quirk

So it's 0-0 and just entering the 4th of five additional minutes. My team are on overload and parked on the edge of the oppositions area probing for an opening. The ball comes to my MC who is lurking just outside the area, acres of space to have a dig... and he puts the ball out for a throw as one of the opposition players has gone down. :confused:

So obviously the player takes an age to get back up and the resulting throw-in in not even taken as the player stands as you would wasting time. Final whistle, 0-0.

I'm all for sportsmanship but that was just stupid. We have a knack for scoring late and that particular player is very good from long range. Not saying he would have scored but it could have led to many different scenarios if he had gone on to test the keeper.

:cool:

Imagine that scenario in real life. If the MC made a pass or a shot that lead to a goal, the media would have a field day...

But since it's only a game, it seems quite ********. But it adds up to the realism that we all want in the game.

Imagine that scenario in real life. If the MC made a pass or a shot that lead to a goal, the media would have a field day...

But since it's only a game, it seems quite ********. But it adds up to the realism that we all want in the game.

That's the thing, did Barcelona put the ball out last night when Sneijder was down? Screw the media, only an idiot would put the ball out at that stage in the game when the oppsition player is miles away and you could possibly score a goal to win the game. A player isn't going to worry about the papers when he's just sent his team to the top of the league.

I've seen one of my teams continue to play and score once when an opposing player had been injured and lay on

the field; in fact my team continued to play over a minute (it was full match mode) and finally scored, partly

because the opposing team's central defender was injured and down just outside his own penalty area, opening

a gap for a through ball pass. It seemed pretty unsportmanship-like, but it was still nice to see. And no bad press,

like it would have been the case in real life - which was the unrealistic bit. ;)

I did wonder why in this case the team continued to play?

Archived