Non-Football costs?

im not sure tbh, probably debts and maybe stadium costs?? cleaning up after a game must be a big job with a decent amount of staff on the payroll twice a week. not 9mil worth but with debts aswell...maybe they all come under the same thing

Manager: "Go scout central europe!"

Scout: "Yes boss, sir!"

Scout then checks in to the closest hotel, living on roomservice and adult PPV for a week or two, and then reports back with: "Notthing worth going after."

I can totally see that happening :)

Look at the big clubs and the percentage they spend on wages. that's around 60% of the revenues. Take a club with 100m in annual revenues, the it spend 40m a year on other things irl. What proportion of that would be 'non-football costs' and is up to definition, but the figure itself sounds okay when comparing it to real life.

Wouldn't they be "match-day expenses" and "Ground Maintenance"?

And remember, there is also the category of "other", which should be the same thing as non-football costs, but would still be costing an arm and a leg

Wouldn't they be "match-day expenses" and "Ground Maintenance"?

And remember, there is also the category of "other", which should be the same thing as non-football costs, but would still be costing an arm and a leg

yeah true, i'm now all out of ideas

Could it possibly be insurance? As a football team is a business (I think), every employee needs to be insured.

This is all I could really come up with, apart from contracts outside the club, like lawyers, consultants and such.

It's the amount of non-football staff wages paid out by the club. I think other aspects are taken into account as well, but I'll need to check to see what these are.

So Secretaries and PA's for example?

It's the amount of non-football staff wages paid out by the club. I think other aspects are taken into account as well, but I'll need to check to see what these are.

Cheers for the reply. It’d be great to finally let this to rest. I’m still sticking by insurance though :).

But the staff wages are in a separate column, I failed accountancy, but I would still say you wouldn’t put it twice. :confused:

Staff wages are your coaches, scouts etc...

According to the Pop-up Hint Non-Football Costs are "Amount of non-football staff wages paid out by the club"

Rather worrying I've just noticed it cost me £3.6m last month (August) compared to £3.3m for player wages in the Premier League :eek:

If memory serves me it is based upon the size of your club, club reputation, league and your chairman's attributes and there isn't much you can do about.

But the staff wages are in a separate column, I failed accountancy, but I would still say you wouldn’t put it twice. :confused:

NFC's are non-football staff wages. I think this would include the people working in your front office, groundskeepers etc.

Even still, I've always thought the NFC's become ridiculously high for any club once they're playing at the highest level (Champs League).

Staff wages are your coaches, scouts etc...

According to the Pop-up Hint Non-Football Costs are "Amount of non-football staff wages paid out by the club"

Rather worrying I've just noticed it cost me £3.6m last month (August) compared to £3.3m for player wages in the Premier League :eek:

If memory serves me it is based upon the size of your club, club reputation, league and your chairman's attributes and there isn't much you can do about.

Quick Google search, and non-football staff are employees in marketing, media relations, finance and business operations. A bit more than I’d like to pay them, but I’m certain, from what michaeltmurrayuk has said (and we’ve all seen in game), that this where that large sum of money goes missing monthly.

As it increases with each league you progress through, or when you win more trophies, I would assume he is also correct in assuming reputation plays a part in these costs. :)

it would be logical that the more succesful/higher reputation a team has, the more non-football staff it would need

more accounting/finance staff to deal with the larger funds available to such a squad.

more press officers/PR/marketing staff to deal with the media, additional marketing, finding & dealing with bigger & better sponsors, etc

more concessions/admissions/sales/security staff to deal with larger crowds & ticket sales

They're a bit OTT aren't they? Since getting into the UCL with FC United, my board message at the start of every month shows my biggest Expenditure as Non-Football costs at £1.99m per month or thereabouts. I've spent more this season (as of November) on these costs than the whole of last season...

Quick Google search, and non-football staff are employees in marketing, media relations, finance and business operations. A bit more than I’d like to pay them, but I’m certain, from what michaeltmurrayuk has said (and we’ve all seen in game), that this where that large sum of money goes missing monthly.

As it increases with each league you progress through, or when you win more trophies, I would assume he is also correct in assuming reputation plays a part in these costs. :)

I'm paying accountants and pr dudes over £3.5m a month!! Over £40m a year to bean counters and flouncy media types? Not happy :(

Archived