Possibly The Best Settings To Start A New Game (Must have a good PC)

INTRODUCTION

Okay so I wanted to start a new game and was wondering what leagues should I load so that I can

enjoy a realistic game with rich new-gens that will give continuity to my game. I had to find the balance

between the game performance on my PC and the number of leagues loaded (Fun vs Speed).

So I took a look at the Database size and started loading (players based on nation) to activate certain countries

and have them produce new-gens over the long run. However, I realized that loading a league is different

from retaining players from a certain country. To clarify more, say you wanted to load English premier league,

it will load around 3,000 players whereas if you load England from the custom database size (players based on nation),

it could load up to to say 6,000 (estimated figures). The real difference is that you get to load more fringe

(low skill and pa) players if you load up the whole nation. So in that case loading the English Premier League alone is

enough if you want quality English regens coming from England. What about other leagues around the world?

I noticed something weird as I fiddled with the custom database option. Some leagues actually load up more

players than retaining players from a nation! If you load for example MLS (Major League Soccer) or the USA

league, it will load up more players than if you retain players based on nation (USA). For some other nations it

will not make a difference if you load the league or the nation; the player count will still be same and it won't make

a difference. In that case, loading the nation is better because why would you want to load the league and cost your

PC extra unnecessary performance (League, Cup, etc.).

After comparing certain nations and evaluating which is the most optimal settings to start a new game where

you can have quality regens from Europe, Africa, South America; I focus on these continents because they are the most

powerful footballing continents (no offense to Asian football, I'm from Asia myself).

The list I'm about to give you has a total of 111000 players with many leagues/nations loaded so you can have a realistic

game with quality regens from all around the world.

SELECTING THE BEST SETTINGS

To begin with, the following list is the nation Leagues you should load (Note that you should only load the highest rank

league such as the Premier League, Serie A, Liga BBVA, First Division etc.):

Brazil - Czech Republic - Denmark - England - France - Germany - Italy - Norway - Portugal - Romania - Russia - Scotland -

South Korea - Spain - Sweden - Turkey.

Okay now with loading nations. Go to the 'Custom Database Size' option (found at the bottom where the player

count and game rating stars) then choose 'small' for database size. Then click on the add button and pick the first

option 'players based on nation', this option allows you to load nations and have regens come from there. Its useful

to load nations that are out of reach (non-playable) such as African nations.

So the List is as follows:

Continents: Africa.

Nations: Australia - Austria - Argentina - Belgium - Chile - Colombia - Croatia - Finland - Greece - Holland - Iceland - Ireland -

Japan - Mexico - Paraguay - Peru - Serbia - Slovakia - Slovenia - Switzerland - Ukraine - Uruguay - U.S.A.

CONCLUSION

The reason why I chose these leagues/nations is because most of them have proved to be the best internationally and produce the

best players around the world. I hope you found this helpful as it can make a big difference in your future games :).

I like what you've done here. I prefer keeping my starting player count at 75,000. I actually load about 19 coutries with the top two leagues (top 4 in England and top 3 in the United States) so that I can see relegation battles. I use a medium database with current international players from all continents and then players with continental reputations from Argentina and Brazil. The countries I load are:

Argentina

Australia

Belgium

Brazil

Canada (got this from FMNorthAmerica)

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

U.S.A. (through USL-2, from FMNorthAmerica)

I like what you've done here. I prefer keeping my starting player count at 75,000. I actually load about 19 coutries with the top two leagues (top 4 in England and top 3 in the United States) so that I can see relegation battles. I use a medium database with current international players from all continents and then players with continental reputations from Argentina and Brazil. The countries I load are:

Argentina

Australia

Belgium

Brazil

Canada (got this from FMNorthAmerica)

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Mexico

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

U.S.A. (through USL-2, from FMNorthAmerica)

Player count at 75,000 is just nice. But the maximum recommended player count I have seen is 125,000. Have anyone exceeded this figure at the recommended player count such as 200,000 on their system? :D

Thanx for that uae4life (I see what you've done to your name!:p) very interesting - I'll copy this if I start a new game - but having had only one save so far in FM - its quite unlikely - but I will follow this for FM11. :thup:

You said you won't play FM11. :p

both ;):thup:

Here's mine. Please note that my processor speed is below what SI recommends but it has not shown ANY impact on the game. This machine is maybe six weeks old.

T135D-S1324 : Detailed Product Specs

Processor

AMD Turion™ Neo X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor L625

Operating System

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Memory

4GB DDR2 memory

Memory Size

4GB

Memory Speed

DDR2 memory

Display Size

13.3" widescreen

Display Type

HD TruBrite® LED Backlit display

Display Resolution

16:9 aspect ratio, 1366x768 (HD), Supports 720p content

Graphics Engine

ATI Radeon™ 3200 Graphics

Graphics Memory

256MB-1919MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

Hard Drive

320GB HDD (5400rpm)

Hard Drive Size

320GB

Hard Drive Speed

5400rpm

You said you won't play FM11. :p

Your memory put simplely is outstanding!!! :p (I can remember you having similar thoughts to me Fabio in that particular thread! ;))

Having had only one save that has gone 11 seasons so far - my longest in FM history I think - I have really enjoyed FM10 - especially having about a 3 month break (Jan-Mar) seems to have worked wonders! To an extent I have to accept that FM will never be as fun as when I was a youngster, so I have to appreciate it for what it is and not what it was! But if I had not had such an enjoyable save on FM10 then I may well have had a different opinion. But for me the patches do make a pretty big difference.

I remember you when you were posting more in GD. You're a good guy. :thup: I also remebered you saying that you won't play FM anymore, because you're too old for that now, (I think you're a year younger then me IIRC) but we can play two more FM's :D

I also thought that I won't play it anymore, but I delayed it. :D I will play FM11. :)

I remember you when you were posting more in GD. You're a good guy. :thup: I also remebered you saying that you won't play FM anymore, because you're too old for that now, (I think you're a year younger then me IIRC) but we can play two more FM's :D

I also thought that I won't play it anymore, but I delayed it. :D I will play FM11. :)

Glad to hear your getting FM11 - more activity in these forums! (Cool) Yeah we may be saying the same each year untill we are 50!!! (EEK!, Big Grin)

4 images rule means I cannot use any smilies.....so I improvised (Embarrassment) - just not the same effect without the smilies! (Frown, Big Brin)

Glad to hear your getting FM11 - more activity in these forums! (Cool) Yeah we may be saying the same each year untill we are 50!!! (EEK!, Big Grin)

4 images rule means I cannot use any smilies.....so I improvised (Embarrassment) - just not the same effect without the smilies! (Frown, Big Brin)

Hahaha, yeah the image rule sucks. :D I don't know if I'm going to be active anymore at all, since GD in here largely sucks IMO... But, I'll visit occasionally for patches etc. :D

Hahaha, yeah the image rule sucks. :D I don't know if I'm going to be active anymore at all, since GD in here largely sucks IMO... But, I'll visit occasionally for patches etc. :D

Yeah very true - and it does take up a lot of time!!!

Well, I'm in here when I have free time. That's a lot lately TBH. :D

Same here. :D

Here's mine. Please note that my processor speed is below what SI recommends but it has not shown ANY impact on the game. This machine is maybe six weeks old.

I thought that proceesser would be above what SI recommends - but I guess I must be wrong.

So given the leagues and players etc that you load - how far into the save are you and in terms of the speed of the game how is it please? I mean in relation to season 1, cheers.

Same here. :D

I thought that proceesser would be above what SI recommends - but I guess I must be wrong.

So given the leagues and players etc that you load - how far into the save are you and in terms of the speed of the game how is it please? I mean in relation to season 1, cheers.

Literally no problems with the ME and decently fast load/processing times. CPU processor speed is not as impactful as everyone thinks it to be. Of course it does matter and it certainly won't run on an old 386 but if it is possible to run FM on a netbook (and it is because I used to do it) then a dual core 1.6 processor with a decent bus speed and 4 gb of decently fast RAM will do fine. Also, the HD spins at 5400 RPM, which is decently fast and the video card is good (it's HD) for an integrated chipset. The bottom line is that this machine runs the game well. It's limitations are in not being able to max the graphics or get blazing processing during the actual 'think time' of FM. However, I also run FIFA 09 on this machine and it rocks that too.

Sorry for the late reply (time zone difference :D). Here is my PC spec as requested:

Processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 860

Primary Hard Drive: Raptor 300 GB 10x RPM

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Monitor: ASUS VK266H 25.5"vis

Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi F4tality Champion Series

Ram: 4GB

I got this info using a program called Belarc Advisor (Highly Recommended).

As for the performance, I'm currently playing my first season in the EPL as Liverpool, game speed is fine I havent noticed much difference so stay tuned until I finish because I wont be going on a holiday in my save :p

Sorry for the late reply (time zone difference :D). Here is my PC spec as requested:

Processor: 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7 860

Primary Hard Drive: Raptor 300 GB 10x RPM

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Monitor: ASUS VK266H 25.5"vis

Sound Card: Creative SB X-Fi F4tality Champion Series

Ram: 4GB

I got this info using a program called Belarc Advisor (Highly Recommended).

As for the performance, I'm currently playing my first season in the EPL as Liverpool, game speed is fine I havent noticed much difference so stay tuned until I finish because I wont be going on a holiday in my save :p

You should have no problem running this or most other games with an i7 processor at that speed.

Literally no problems with the ME and decently fast load/processing times. CPU processor speed is not as impactful as everyone thinks it to be. Of course it does matter and it certainly won't run on an old 386 but if it is possible to run FM on a netbook (and it is because I used to do it) then a dual core 1.6 processor with a decent bus speed and 4 gb of decently fast RAM will do fine. Also, the HD spins at 5400 RPM, which is decently fast and the video card is good (it's HD) for an integrated chipset. The bottom line is that this machine runs the game well. It's limitations are in not being able to max the graphics or get blazing processing during the actual 'think time' of FM. However, I also run FIFA 09 on this machine and it rocks that too.

Ok cheers Sean. :)

I noticed something weird as I fiddled with the custom database option. Some leagues actually load up more

players than retaining players from a nation! If you load for example MLS (Major League Soccer) or the USA

league, it will load up more players than if you retain players based on nation (USA).

It's because when you load a league, more players from the whole region/continent are loaded. For example, if you load MLS, there will be additional players from Mexico, Canada and Central American Countries.

Therefore, if your PC can handle this, you would ideally load a league from every continent for the most diverse and realistic squads :thup:

haha sorry I didn't expect people to find trouble loading that much players, I leave the game speed star rating at 1 minimum and its been fine for me, there a lot more coaches (good ones) loaded and more youth and regens coming up in my game, I finished my first season (eventually got bored of Liverpool and went on a season long holiday).

Quick question - what is the differecne when starting a new save between:

Selecting a nation with the top division as view only

and

in the custom data base retaining players from top division.

I think they are the same but are they?

Cheers

Quick question - what is the differecne when starting a new save between:

Selecting a nation with the top division as view only

and

in the custom data base retaining players from top division.

I think they are the same but are they?

Cheers

No they are not.

The first will retain the division's structure and let you see results, table, etc. but will not load all the players.

The second will load all players in the division but obviously you won't see any results etc.

you sure it's 111000 and not 11000?

I usually start a game with 8 - 10 leagues loaded from England, Italy, France and Germany. I never liked managing in Spain for some reason. That gives me a total of around 18.000 players. I play on a laptop: Win 7 64-bit, Core II Duo 2.4 GHz, 3 gb ram, Geforce 8600 512 MB ram.

I also noticed, that if you load a particular league there will be a lot of quality regens from that country later on in the game. I saw that happen to Poland a few times. When I did not load their leagues as 'active' the best regens I was able to find there were PA 150 - 160. As soon as I started a new game and loaded Ekstraklasa, after a few years into the game, there were Poles in every major club in Europe.

There is a weird thing with Turkey though - in every single new save I've created they get literally hundreds of regens with high PA. In my most recent save, Leeds Utd, in year 2020 I could easily build a world-class team using Turkish footballers only. At the mo, I've got a Turkish DL, a DC and a ML. Also, there seems to be a lot of quality regens from countries like Serbia, Slovenia and Croatia.

• 5 weeks later...
I've been using this setup for a while now, and find that you do get a big variation in regens after a few years. Quite a discovery, may I say!

I'll always use this setup from now on. Good work!

Thanks & Good Luck

you sure it's 111000 and not 11000?

I usually start a game with 8 - 10 leagues loaded from England, Italy, France and Germany. I never liked managing in Spain for some reason. That gives me a total of around 18.000 players. I play on a laptop: Win 7 64-bit, Core II Duo 2.4 GHz, 3 gb ram, Geforce 8600 512 MB ram.

I also noticed, that if you load a particular league there will be a lot of quality regens from that country later on in the game. I saw that happen to Poland a few times. When I did not load their leagues as 'active' the best regens I was able to find there were PA 150 - 160. As soon as I started a new game and loaded Ekstraklasa, after a few years into the game, there were Poles in every major club in Europe.

There is a weird thing with Turkey though - in every single new save I've created they get literally hundreds of regens with high PA. In my most recent save, Leeds Utd, in year 2020 I could easily build a world-class team using Turkish footballers only. At the mo, I've got a Turkish DL, a DC and a ML. Also, there seems to be a lot of quality regens from countries like Serbia, Slovenia and Croatia.

Im in 2020, and have noticed the same thing, heaps of good Turks coming up. I wonder what is responsible for this phenomenon?

I've just started a game with player database of 220,000! Took an age to set up on my Macbook but running fairly smoothly so far in game. Not looking forward to 5 seasons in...

Archived