Return policy for FM10

okay, i tried everything and the video is still choppy on my iMac. these problems have already been posted. what is the return policy, a contact for SI seems to be hard to find.

boy, i am really disappointed. I was a faithful FM09 user.

bummer.

okay, i tried everything and the video is still choppy on my iMac. these problems have already been posted. what is the return policy, a contact for SI seems to be hard to find.

bummer.

The return policy is simple. Contact whoever you bought the game from with evidence that the problem lies with the product you bought.

Good luck.

Btw, do not buy pre-built retail systems if you wish to avoid similar issues in the future. And try and avoid using laptops for anything other than e-mail.

Your failure as a customer and purchaser of sufficient/quality/necessary hardware is not the problem of the retailer of software, and is the reason why you will not get a refund.

bummer.

Is it the 3D Match Engine you are disappointed with?

The return policy is simple. Contact whoever you bought the game from with evidence that the problem lies with the product you bought.

Good luck.

Btw, do not buy pre-built retail systems if you wish to avoid similar issues in the future. And try and avoid using laptops for anything other than e-mail.

Your failure as a customer and purchaser of sufficient/quality/necessary hardware is not the problem of the retailer of software, and is the reason why you will not get a refund.

I am not trying to use the software on a laptop. I am trying to use it on an iMac. I am not sure about your intent with the 'failure as customer' comment. The software specs say the product should run on my hardware.

I like the game i am just disappointed it won't run as expected on my hardware.

It is the 3d engine - game where the choppiness is experience.

I discovered last night that with the installed (10.1) package, the engine works but is very choppy. If i download the 10.3 patch and apply the 3d engine will freeze.

No big deal, i will just reply to sigames and ask for their suggestions; i will try to exchange for a windows version. I was looking for input, i was not attacking the game. I love FM09 and eastside hockey 07 (both on PC).

• Administrators

It might be worth toggling between windowed and full screen mode a couple of times before each match as this can very often smooth things out. Let me know if that helps

Good luck.

Way to live down to peoples opinion of you sfraser. Wish I hadn't wasted my time defending you in another thread. Unnecessary aggressive, opinionated post that has helped no one.

Op take it back to the shop you bought it from is the only returns policy afaik. Also contacting si isn't hard, just pm one of the guys on here. Job done.

The bit in bold is utter nonsense tbh. My £400 laptop is more than capable of running FM10, and software such as relatively complex VMWare setups. You just need someone who knows what they're talking about to advise on suitable laptops.

The bit in italics was unnecessary, please don't post stuff like that. The first bit of your post (not quoted) was actually relatively helpful fwiw.

Little harsh there SFraser. Not really his fault the game doesn't work that well, although it isn't SI's fault either. Just one of those things unfortunately.

The problem is obviously in his sphere though and going to the game manufacturers and asking them for refunds shows a considerable degree of ignorance. I'm not saying the last bit was necessary, but I can see why the OP provoked Mr. Fraser.

Good luck.

regarding the 'prebuilt retail system' comment. Do i understand this right. you are saying the Apple is an issue because it is prebuilt hardware? The software spec says it is supported. Like a game console machines with known configurations are easier to support right?

in any event, i appreciate all the responses and will take your advise. As a note i tried the software on another iMac (similar build to mine) just incase it was some software or config on my machine. i got the same issue. If i find something i missed i will post so it is known.

it was not my intention to provoke.

SFraser, i can understand how my original post header and message could have annoyed a longtime user of the forum.

but I can see why the OP provoked Mr. Fraser.

I can't. It was a simple enough, and reasonable question. If SFraser had stuck to his first sentence, it would have been a helpful post. The rest of it was mildly insulting and utter nonsense in places.

Guess I don't see anything that either person said wrong, other than the fact SFraser's comments regarding laptops was rubbish as mine runs it fine and can run other things really well.

I do believe though, that if the OPs computer passes the minimum requirements that are listed on the box, then it is down to the product as to why it doesn't work. As far as the OP is concerned, it should work on his machine as the game tells him it does, when it doesn't surely that is down to the product rather than his machine.

Sorry for that. It was a bit harsh and uncalled for. My apologies.

No hard feelings, no worries. I am just glad that people are listening and offering ideas. This seems like a good forum.

Note:

I have gotten prompt feedback from SI. they asked me to check for cached entries, specifically, look for a Sports Interactive’ folder in my User > Library > Caches directory.

Basically they want me to uninstall, clean this directory, then reinstall. I could have something in there from the demo i tried installing. I am hopeful and will post the findings this evening from home (i am at work).

thanks again.

Maybe, but factor in possible background programs eating RAM, general lack of maintenance, etc, and that'll kill any hope of smooth 3D...

sth have you any other games that work okay?

When was the last time you performed a disk cleanup/defragment?

I did defrag and usually do this regularly. I have a few other 3d intensive games and they run fine.

#######

Here is what I found, last night...

I was able to successfully install the product on a MacBook Pro, the 3d game play worked and looked fine (this is my work MAC, so not a place I want to run it)

At home (the problem iMac) I found that if I stopped windowing the game display, and used only 2D Classic for gaming, it was fine (not choppiness of freezing). Anytime I tried to go back to 3D (with patch 10.3 installed) the display would load but the game play would immediately freeze, i go back to 2d classic and the games proceeds without issue.

I have tried disabling any applications that might interfere but nothing helped.

I am not sure if this means anything but my iMac has a 24 inch display. I play other 3d games that appear to be more graphic intense without issue.

That being said, I guess I can live with the program only running in 2D classic mode. I usually get the windows versions of these types of games but i have more access to the mac at home, i figured i had plenty of horse power for FM10.

it is a great game.

Have you tried disabling crowds, stadiums, weather etc in preferences?

IMHO though 2d classic is the only way to go. Forget 3d. ;)

Yes, i tried playing with all options in the preferences. Nothing worked and, unless support comes up with a magic bullet, i am tired of messing with it. I can't expect them (SI) to support every little variation. Let them work on FM11!

However, while testing, I sat through a couple 2d classic games and thought it captured all i needed.

Yes, i tried playing with all options in the preferences. Nothing worked and, unless support comes up with a magic bullet, i am tired of messing with it. I can't expect them (SI) to support every little variation. Let them work on FM11!

However, while testing, I sat through a couple 2d classic games and thought it captured all i needed.

Absolutely. It gives you a much better appreciation of the entire tactical situation and you can see exactly what all your players are doing. 2D FTW :thup:

Archived