Yossi Benayoun, anyone else think he's incredible?

Personally, I enjoy Benayoun as a player in real life (I'm a Liverpool fan).

I'm in my 4th season with Liverpool and have made massive changes to the squad and won the league 3 seasons running.

That said, Yossi Benayoun is STILL an important player in my squad.

He generally is the first sub off the bench in every game (first season he started 49 matches for me), no matter the opponent.

I play him in any of the AM positions (Right, Left and Center) as either an Advanced Playmaker or Trequartista. He also fills in nicely in any of the other midfield positions that aren't defensive.

This guy's stats aren't incredible (in fact they've dropped since I started the game) but he constantly makes an impact on the games I need him in.

In the 3 and a half seasons I've played he has 16 goals, 29 assists and 8 MoM performances.

The thing is that whenever I bring him on, he gets me goals somehow (his Assists don't show how often he's started attacking plays that lead to goals).

His ability to break down teams (especially in the Trequartista position) astounds me.

Anyone else had success with him or am I crazy?

As a West Ham season ticket holder I thought he was always slightly overrated. He didn't score or create lots and was very inconsistent.

He's one of the most inconsistent performers in the league for me and I'm hoping this should be reflected on FM!

I agree Pselus....he is a very good player and enjoyable to watch. As a gooner from NYC, I'd take him on my team any day. Maybe Rafa's successor will now how to use him properly?

Brilliant for me, opposite Di Maria, with them swapping flanks. They'd mix it up a lot, sometimes going down the flanks, sometimes going through the middle. He got several important goals. I think he scored 7 in the league?

As a West Ham season ticket holder I thought he was always slightly overrated. He didn't score or create lots and was very inconsistent.

He's one of the most inconsistent performers in the league for me and I'm hoping this should be reflected on FM!

I wouldn't say he's a super star in real life at all...I just meant in FM he seems to constantly perform well when he is needed.

Last season he came on as a sub 25 times and scored 7 goals with 10 assists (I think).

He isn't a starter anymore for me, but when I need to break a tough defense down he always seems to do the job. I've even pulled Messi off to bring on Benayoun in the Champions League and it's worked multiple times.

Archived