Going Overload

Does anybody actually ever get any joy from this?

Whenever I do it, the opposition just pass the ball around under absolutely no pressure. My players just stand staring at them with their thumbs stuck up a certain place. :mad:

I've actually NEVER scored a stoppage time goal when I've went overload.

It works... altought not with all type of players... if you have fast players and set the instructions to get ball forward you can score quite often. On the other hand you risk to conced more goals... but if you are allready loosing 2-0 it is the same as loosing 3-0, 4-1, etc.

I tried a couple of times with a 4-2-4 overload/get ball forward to score against weak defensive teams to assure a good score in the first minutes and it worked.

I play overload about 90% of the time with my Horsham side in the Isthmian League and we're currently top of the table with 17 wins in 26 matches. Have gotten to 50 goals before Feb 1st with it. Having midfielders who defend well and take care of the ball seems to be the key in our case.

Does anybody actually ever get any joy from this?

Whenever I do it, the opposition just pass the ball around under absolutely no pressure. My players just stand staring at them with their thumbs stuck up a certain place. :mad:

I've actually NEVER scored a stoppage time goal when I've went overload.

I score with some frequency with it, on a couple saves. I usually go overload on 35 minutes. If they don't score by half-time, I'll leave it the first 10 of the second half before backing off to their standard set up. If I'm home and drawing, I'll often turn to it at 80 minutes too and have scored a few winners.

Does work sometimes for me. Depends how good the team I'm playing against are, if I have them exploit the middle/flanks, work the ball into the box and hassle opponents, then set it overload it usually does quite a decent job for me.

I start all games on overload, then revert to attacking/control, then start second half overload and same again. Works well, adjust for the big guns though, yes I have been 2-0 down a few times after 10 minutes. Usually pull it back though!

I've found on overload that the time just runs out very quickly without any key moments. I think it's just a very limited form of "total attack" that gives possession away to the defending side.

(Or perhaps it doesn't go well with my preferred tactics - slow/short passing?)

I usually go overload and add the "retain possession" shout as well. I don't know if it actually works in reality, or if it's just the players are good enough, but I get results a decent number of times.

I usually go overload and add the "retain possession" shout as well. I don't know if it actually works in reality, or if it's just the players are good enough, but I get results a decent number of times.

Yeah, I occasionally have to do that as well if I'm not getting the possession I desire.

It's worked once or twice for myself, usually though the minutes just count down without any actual action taking place.

Same for me, I use it when my team is level or trailing with 10-20 minutes left in the match. Sometimes it works (I would say 25% of the times I've used it for that purpose it has worked).

Archived