The role of Coaches

Apart from training...

I think they should over benefits to individual aspects of the team depending on their quality.

Eg a very good defensive coach could make recommendations about how you tactically deploy your backline in the meetings, at the moment team meetings are broken tbh.

Even more so, I think each unit of the team should get a rating out of lets say 20 which the coaches can influence.

Because coaches don't only train players so they can improve they help the team to play better together.

if I bought a world class defensive coach to Braintree I would expect the defensive performances to improve at least a little if not alot.

I find they work best ferrying players to and from away games.

Sorry tried to resist but couldn't!

I think you've got a point there, but would have to be managed correctly, I think provided advise on say man marking / zonal marking or hassle opponnets etc... rather than actually apply a passive boost to the team. Would be nice to see this.

• 3 months later...

one thing i have asked for previously is that coaches should be more forth coming with information about training. currently i have to check through each and every player to ensure they're happy with the intensity of their training.

This is something they should tell me as part of the news when they say who's been training well and who hasn't.

This could obviously be expanded to other areas where you would expect a coach to make you aware of something. They may like to say that your insistance on playing a high defensive line when all your defenders are 35 years old and have a 5 for pace is madness.

Archived