Matches you had no right to win...

How many times have you somehow managed a win where you had absoloutly no right to do so.

Examples - 4th Season, unbeaten in some 60 odd matches in the League. West Ham v Derby (my team), we go 1-0, but by the half we are 3-1 down (ugh!). However the idiot ref once again decided that 5 minutes of injury time was needed and my strikers did the rest, or should I say Cissé! Cissé 91', 93', 96' for the win!

Another example, that is honestly much less dramatic in terms of when it happened, but it was still all Cissé. Derby v Liverpool at Pride Park in from of some 45,000 fans... Disaster strikes early as Torres and Lucas combine to get 4 goals and 4 assists beween them (they both of 2 of each). So there we are, 4-0 down, at home, at half time with Arsenal right behind us in the league. Well, here comes Cissé to save the day, scoring 4 and getting 2 assists (Cissé 45', 46', 52', 80' Van der Vaart 50', Makoun 69' and Vidal 90') Van der Vaart took a penalty. We equalised by the 52'. So after all that we won by 3 goals with a score of 7-4!

Finally to finish off this theme of my 4th season. Arsenal v Derby, match of the season, I was a whole point ahead of them with only a few matches left. Arsenal dominated the entire match from start to finish. But, our one and only shot, a freekick from miles out, was converted by ELANO!!! 87'... Oh, what a match, a bit of a nervy 8 minutes as the ref still thought it was worth 5 minutes of injury time, where they had a casual 5 shots, an offside goal and a goal ruled out for a foul! So summarising that match Arsenal had 36 shots (21 on target) and Derby had 1 (1 on target)...

You can't say that the computer cheats for the computer.

How many times have you somehow managed a win where you had absoloutly no right to do so.

Examples - 4th Season, unbeaten in some 60 odd matches in the League. West Ham v Derby (my team), we go 1-0, but by the half we are 3-1 down (ugh!). However the idiot ref once again decided that 5 minutes of injury time was needed and my strikers did the rest, or should I say Cissé! Cissé 91', 93', 96' for the win!

Another example, that is honestly much less dramatic in terms of when it happened, but it was still all Cissé. Derby v Liverpool at Pride Park in from of some 45,000 fans... Disaster strikes early as Torres and Lucas combine to get 4 goals and 4 assists beween them (they both of 2 of each). So there we are, 4-0 down, at home, at half time with Arsenal right behind us in the league. Well, here comes Cissé to save the day, scoring 4 and getting 2 assists (Cissé 45', 46', 52', 80' Van der Vaart 50', Makoun 69' and Vidal 90') Van der Vaart took a penalty. We equalised by the 52'. So after all that we won by 3 goals with a score of 7-4!

Finally to finish off this theme of my 4th season. Arsenal v Derby, match of the season, I was a whole point ahead of them with only a few matches left. Arsenal dominated the entire match from start to finish. But, our one and only shot, a freekick from miles out, was converted by ELANO!!! 87'... Oh, what a match, a bit of a nervy 8 minutes as the ref still thought it was worth 5 minutes of injury time, where they had a casual 5 shots, an offside goal and a goal ruled out for a foul! So summarising that match Arsenal had 36 shots (21 on target) and Derby had 1 (1 on target)...

You can't say that the computer cheats for the computer.

kinda the opposite of this thread but i will post it anyway.

last night i was playing as arsenal against man city, about a dozen or so games into the season and they are unbeaten and had conceeded no goals. i dominate the game but they score just before half time. throughout the second half i just couldnt score. untill Walcott 86 and higuain 95 won me the match.

just beat lyon in the final of the champions league for the 2nd season in a row as arsenal. however until extra time i wasnt even in the game, went ahead after 79 minutes, conceded an equaliser in injury time and then went into extra time where i finally sprung into life, but i didnt play well all game

This happens far too often anyway- winning isnt about concerted periods of pressure its about carving open one or two quality chances.

Its why if your a big team that a slow patient buildup is better than a fast tempo game- whereas irl the opposite is true.

FMs match engine sadly has very little to do with the modern game.

i just beat bayern 4-3 in the final cl group game with my second string, down to 10 men at 3-3, and the DM that i brought on to solidify the midfield and play out a draw scored a lob in the 94th (of 99) minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pauljs:

never, its hard enough winning when i completely dominate the game, i am AC Milan manager and i havent played badly ONCE, been the better side in every game and im 8th in the league </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsene Wenger.... is that you?

Archived