How do you make money for your club?

Friendlies against japanese clubs.

Buy cheap and sell for profit.

Don't waste money on superstars.. Instead make your own superstars.

I'm doing too well really. Each season, money is being taken out of the club, sometimes as much as 100 million DKK.(Around 15-20 million £, which is quite a lot for a Northern Irish club)

With all that money in the bank, I am just hoping for a new stadium soon, anything is better than my current 12000 seater.

EDIT: And I missed the question completely. Great work there Mike, great work...

Basically just keeping wages on a minimum will do the trick.

Making money depends on very few things. Reputation, stadium size, tv revenue and merchandising feeder clubs.

Managing betis I have all those in plenty. I've been making £20million a year profits even after a hefty dividend of around £16million!!

In my current career save I started at Shrewsbury in L2 in Dec 2009, got promoted to L1 in 2010-2011 with free transfers and low wages, and made a nice little profit each month. In the 2011-2012 season I moved to Bolton in the Championship, they were 3rd, but in dire financial straits. I missed auto-promotion on the last day and then lost in the playoff final. Slashed the wage budget like crazy over the summer, but didn't sell a star which turned out to be a big mistake. While I'd staunched the worst of the bleeding financially we were still losing at least £500k every month and this ended up in administration. Meanwhile the squad was declining badly in old age and a promising run that might have seen a late charge for the playoffs imploded badly in February so I resigned before I was sacked. Took the Plymouth job in May 2013. Just relegated to L1 and about £1m in debt. My predecessor had lined up two sales that brought in £3m and once again I slashed old, expensive players for younger, cheaper (for the most part) talent. Paid the price on the field with some rough early performances while the squad gelled, but have come back strong to be 4th and pushing for auto-promotion in February 2014. I'm losing maybe £150k/month on average, but made a few sales in January (around £600k) to even things out while also bringing in a young centreback for £325k.

The morals of the story are to ship out anyone who is being paid more than they're worth. Sometimes that is the first teamer who is in the top 3 earners, but isn't a star and can be replaced; sometimes it's the squad player who is on £3k/week and just isn't worth it. I always find it hard to sell top talent, but if needs must you do have to bite the bullet and sell for millions (my lesson from Bolton). Older players who you want to keep around will often accept a big wage cut.

My final top tip is to check the entire squad when taking over a new club during the game to make sure you don't have anyone with 15% wage increases built into their contracts. I never use these things in my negotiations (no one seems to complain when you take them out), but the AI has no problem putting them into £15k/week contracts so by season 3 or 4 of the deal you're seeing an enormous hit to your budget. If you find a player with a contract like this renegotiate it if you can - they often accept the same rate without the yearly increase.

I'm doing too well really. Each season, money is being taken out of the club, sometimes as much as 100 million DKK.(Around 15-20 million £, which is quite a lot for a Northern Irish club)

With all that money in the bank, I am just hoping for a new stadium soon, anything is better than my current 12000 seater.

EDIT: And I missed the question completely. Great work there Mike, great work...

Basically just keeping wages on a minimum will do the trick.

nice i'm managing in N'Ireland:thup: what team are you and how you getting on?

nice i'm managing in N'Ireland:thup: what team are you and how you getting on?

Playing as Knockbreda and currently completely dominating the Northern Irish cups and league. Hoping to reach the Champions League final this season, but it's a long shot, as Tottenham stands in our way, and they just so happen to have the best player in the world in their squad.

What about yourself?

ah, the old making money part. i've got the theory started, that if i buy in enough regens with potential for under £500-600K, they will only increase in value so i can sell them on at profit and a 30-50% sell on clause. but i'm only 2nd season, and i'm Man City, so it hasnt really started yet and the chairman has had to pump in a large amount so far to cover my spending (far too much, but probably around £250M for 2 seasons) and the wages (about £9M a month, which is rediculous and will be reduced at the end of the season)

Friendlies against big clubs, on some clubs (like Germans) I play reserves against big teams reserves - a lot - because that brings up to 23 000 euros per game. I do feel somewhay bad about it, because it's really a form of cheating. Utterly unrealistic, but it helps. I also usually start in a club with an "everything goes" (except the "I just arrived" players who often turn to the second coming of Winston Bogarde) firesale, to be able to make a squad I like and to get finances on firmer ground - I usually get a better squad together on free transfers with much reduced salaries.

Why japanese clubs? :confused:

They pay lots of money :p

180k per match to be exact.

At least if you got the rep of a 2nd division Brazilian club.

Playing as Knockbreda and currently completely dominating the Northern Irish cups and league. Hoping to reach the Champions League final this season, but it's a long shot, as Tottenham stands in our way, and they just so happen to have the best player in the world in their squad.

What about yourself?

playing as QUB in 2016 in the premiership past 2 years mid table so far this season with mostly free trialists as the league allows them to play in competetive matches :D

What about yourself?

offtopic but do you have a career thread?

I just started a N'Ireland save. Currently holidaying to get some new teams up in division 2.

offtopic but do you have a career thread?

I just started a N'Ireland save. Currently holidaying to get some new teams up in division 2.

Don't have a thread, but have been thinking of starting one, but I have no clue where to put it. In the LLM, the general discussion area or somewhere else?

To keep this slightly on-topic: Finding some talent in different countries can repay itself tenfold! I have personally found great players in South Africa, Israel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland etc.

Scandinavia is a great place to find cheap talents. My first team goalkeeper was bought for 140.000 DKK (some £16.000) and is now worth around 30 million(£3.5 million).

Sergi is a good player for selling at a profit. bring him in first season (should cost £24k if you just offer him a contract). December 2010 he is worth £800K and still increasing. maybe worth a couple of million in a year or two if i give him some gametime

Archived