90 minutes of Madness !!

Just finished a Match and during the match this happened, Three of my best players get taken off injured while diao is struggling plus one of there players came off injured..This is the first time i seen so many players being taken off injured...

injuriess.jpg

First off all there player goes down with a grion strain...not a big deal he playing for the other team :D

Then Chiacchio goes down chasing the ball and is out if action for 3-4 months with a torn hamstring...very unlucky

Then my captan Buba chases down a long ball and he too pulls his groin and is out for 2-3 months..again unlucky

Diao picked up a knock so i decieded to take him off and then hammouti goes down after 4 mins after coming on...poor chap

has a horriable injury breaking his ankle and is out for 3-4 months...

So with three players out for the rest of the season,its going to be tough as our squad is quite small at the moment

So im not having a rant and i know theres loads of injures threads already but i want to know was i just unlucky or have other people had a match with loads of injures....

Your closing down settings for your players are probably too high.

closing down for the team is defualt

For Buba its set in own half only

Hammounti and chiacchio i have high closing down.. Hammounti broke his ankle from a challenge so couldn't be the cause of that

After playing another 3 matches guess wat happens again!!!!!!!!!!

injuries.jpg

Seddon torn his calf chasing the ball out for 4-5 months

Topp thigh stain out for 4 weeks

chester torn hamstring chasing the ball out for 4-5 months

ledgerwood picked up a knock and is out for 4 weeks with a torn hamstring

I feel so unlucky as three strikers out injured now and another strikers loan is up tomorrow..

have three DC out injured now and three midfielders out too..........

That's really bad. What must make you totally fed up is that Seddon was injured in the 3rd extra minute of the first half and Chester in the last minute of normal time. And you will feel so grateful to all those truly wonderful, helpful people who are going to tell you that it's your tactics or your training....:rolleyes:

That's really bad. What must make you totally fed up is that Seddon was injured in the 3rd extra minute of the first half and Chester in the last minute of normal time. And you will feel so grateful to all those truly wonderful, helpful people who are going to tell you that it's your tactics or your training....:rolleyes:

yep im fed up but still enjoying the game..just want to see out the season and i have giving up on chasing the playoff's 6 points off with 6 games left but some very tough games coming up and i have no worrys about relegation so it have been a very good season.. haven't won in ages tho :S

had to call up four very poor youth players to find in for the season.. couldn't recall my striker i have out on loan as he was injuried too so no point...

just hoping my players can see out the season with no more injurys........please god!!.....

closing down for the team is defualt

For Buba its set in own half only

Hammounti and chiacchio i have high closing down.. Hammounti broke his ankle from a challenge so couldn't be the cause of that

Ah ok, maybe the tackling is the problem?

edit: didnt see the 2nd part of your post when i first replied, my bad.:D

haha, i had something similar happen to me in my current save game, was in the league cup against Manchester United and as i am Sheffield United i decided to rest a few players as i was expecting to progress but i took the lead then they pulled one back through my midfielder scoring an own goal! anyhow it went into extra time @ 1-1 by the 2nd half of extra time the scores were still there same but i was down to 9men due to injuries & a red card i think & Manchester United were down 10 due to a late injury, they managed to nick a late winner :(

you sir do not have any luck whatsoever

i know :( hopefully thats my sticky patch over and on too next season :)

well just seen out the rest of the season came 12th,6 points of play-off's which was a great season for my first season in league 1..

haha, i had something similar happen to me in my current save game, was in the league cup against Manchester United and as i am Sheffield United i decided to rest a few players as i was expecting to progress but i took the lead then they pulled one back through my midfielder scoring an own goal! anyhow it went into extra time @ 1-1 by the 2nd half of extra time the scores were still there same but i was down to 9men due to injuries & a red card i think & Manchester United were down 10 due to a late injury, they managed to nick a late winner :(

You were managing Sheffield Utd against Man Utd and you were expecting to win?

I had something similar but not quite as bad.

Playing as Liverpool away to Spurs we scored after 2 minutes.

Then...

- Benayoun picked up a knock on 35 minutes and i had to sub him as a precaution. Degen replaced him (...).

They equalised after 43 minutes.

- Torres got forced off the pitch on 45+1. Kuyt replaced him.

- Lucas got forced off the pitch on 49 minutes. Plessis replaced him.

We conceded on 64' and lost the game 2-1.

Torres was also out for 1-2 months which left us a bit screwed in the title race having not very good backup. It was a terrible game. Spurs just tried to kick lumps out of us from the first whistle.

I had something similar but not quite as bad.

Playing as Liverpool away to Spurs we scored after 2 minutes.

Then...

- Benayoun picked up a knock on 35 minutes and i had to sub him as a precaution. Degen replaced him (...).

They equalised after 43 minutes.

- Torres got forced off the pitch on 45+1. Kuyt replaced him.

- Lucas got forced off the pitch on 49 minutes. Plessis replaced him.

We conceded on 64' and lost the game 2-1.

Torres was also out for 1-2 months which left us a bit screwed in the title race having not very good backup. It was a terrible game. Spurs just tried to kick lumps out of us from the first whistle.

yeah thats unlucky too,im teading to leave my players who got knocks on longer to see how they get on because anyone who comes on for them always get injured... its like the AI team just kick lumps out of what ever player thats playing in that position....

Now that's unlucky!

On another note, what skin are you using? (Nevermind, found it :p)

ok good stuff.. its one of the nices skins i used for fm10 :)

I do wish injury proneness was not a hidden attribute. I would never sign anyone who was higher than a 10.

It seems to me that IRL it's something people ignore too. I can't believe there are clubs apparently willing to bid more than 10m for Torres, who is almost certainly never going to play more than 20-25 league games in a season. Or than Man U are going to offer a contract to Joe Cole -- same thing. Don't get me wrong, both Torres and Cole are both great on the rare occasions they can put together a string of appearances, but from a squad management pov they're both nightmares.

And don't even get me started on Benitez, who went into this season with no adequate back up for a player he KNEW would miss half of Liverpool's games.

• Administrators

You can always check the players injury record before signing him! (I know not that helpful for the first season or so, but after a while the 'crocks' will become more obvious. As for the match in the OP, how unlucky!

I do wish injury proneness was not a hidden attribute. I would never sign anyone who was higher than a 10.

It seems to me that IRL it's something people ignore too. I can't believe there are clubs apparently willing to bid more than 10m for Torres, who is almost certainly never going to play more than 20-25 league games in a season. Or than Man U are going to offer a contract to Joe Cole -- same thing. Don't get me wrong, both Torres and Cole are both great on the rare occasions they can put together a string of appearances, but from a squad management pov they're both nightmares.

And don't even get me started on Benitez, who went into this season with no adequate back up for a player he KNEW would miss half of Liverpool's games.

i think torres just can't cope with the phyiscal side of the preimer league as compared to the spainish league where if they are touched they fall and get the foul,in the english league you have big hairy arsed centre halfs kicking you all match....Torres was never injury prone with ath madrid he average 35 games a season.... i think its to do with different styles of the game players can adopt there body's and mind.....

You can always check the players injury record before signing him! (I know not that helpful for the first season or so, but after a while the 'crocks' will become more obvious. As for the match in the OP, how unlucky!

don't worry i will be checking that from now on ;)

Archived