work permit

play in so many of thier national teams games. i think the same rules apply to football as to any other uk job, if the non eu person is no better than an eu person then they wont be granted a permit, obviously they word it better than me but i think thats the jist of it.

For a player to be eligible for a work permit he has to have played in 75% of his national teams matches over the previous 2 years and that nation has to be in the top 70 of nations.

You can still sign the player if you have a work permit feeder club that you can send them to.

The best nations for this are Poland, Belgium or Spain especially if the player is from a spanish speaking nation as the wait is then only two years.

In order to be eligable for a work permit a player must have played in 75% of their countries international games in the last 2 yrs. Their country must be ranked in the top 70 in the world.

There are exceptions for very talented players, a tribunal is held and anecdotal evidence is heard and a decision is made by the Home Office (what they know about football is unclear...) I think Man Utd had to do this to sign Anderson.

In order to be eligable for a work permit a player must have played in 75% of their countries international games in the last 2 yrs. Their country must be ranked in the top 70 in the world.

I thought that was what I said icon_wink.gif

well, i just signed eto'o from barca and he was refused a wp initially. he's 2 short of 100 caps for 19th-in-the-world cameroon.

he's also had 6572 days in spain and is still considering citizenship (3650 days required). surely when a player requires a wp and they are eligible, they would accept EU nationality to complete the deal? should be, SI.

same happened to shevchenko in my game a few years back. he was 5 years at chelsea and international captain, but was flat-out refused a wp when he was releasd.

are they ever accepted straight away for players such as eto'o who are eligible but haven't accepted dual nationality?

Why don't they just make the first part of the work permit decision available to us? I'm pretty sure most managers could find out if a player met requirement 1, and since the game appears to use it why not make it available. It could be done via the scout report like 'Scout B states that player A will need a work permit but will fail to get one at the first application due to not playing enough internationals in the last 2 years and the low Ranking of his nation'.

Considering how often people ask this question they should include the actual rules into the game interface somwehere.

• 1 month later...

TO save logging a new one.....

==============================================

I'm into about season 2019/20 with Nottingham Forest, in League 1. I have bought a classy centre half from Argentina and ACCIDENTALLY clicked to sign him, when it said his permit had been turned down (but would I like to continue).

He cost £550k which is a lot of money to me at NFFC and I really didn't want to reload the game as I was on a good run of results. I've loaned him out to one of my feeder clubs, unfortunately they're non EU also.

Basically, do I need to get another EU feeder club to assign him to or can I just wait until he's played half a season and re-apply?

I'm into about season 2019/20 with Nottingham Forest, in League 1. I have bought a classy centre half from Argentina and ACCIDENTALLY clicked to sign him, when it said his permit had been turned down (but would I like to continue).

He cost £550k which is a lot of money to me at NFFC and I really didn't want to reload the game as I was on a good run of results. I've loaned him out to one of my feeder clubs, unfortunately they're non EU also.

Basically, do I need to get another EU feeder club to assign him to or can I just wait until he's played half a season and re-apply?

Fair enough. I'll log a new one. Hmph.

Ive just done exactly the same thing with my wolves team. Found a gem of a Brazilian full back, costing me 500k, seeing as the "sign ricardo" was on my news screen, i clicked confirm without realising that my appeal had been rejected and that he'd have to be sent out on loan.

I got dead excited aswell....damn

I also signed Joao Carlos and sent him to my feeder club for 2 seasons in Belguim but made a big mistake of not offering him a longer contract so when I tryed to renew his contract,the WP was automatically turned down and now I will lose him.

Archived