agent offers me player

I have had that before, only once I think but it is an occurence from time to time.

By the way Brian...................agents....................legally.......................??? Do they really go together those words!!!

I'm guessing Man Utd have him transfer listed, as thats the only way an outside agent could legally offer him to you other than an end of contract situation.

Heh, while this might technically be true, it certainly doesn't stop agents shopping their players around even when they're not listed. Of course, it's not an "official" offer, but it happens a lot.

I remember reading in a discussion that came up last year about improvements to the current game (before release), that SI will not actually code anything illegal into the game for various reasons. I think someone was asking for the possiblity of bungs being put into the game.

I think although it may not be illegal as such, it can only be done with "fake" players, as like the "fails to show up to the match after being seen in the night club in the early hours prior". If it were a real player, it makes the real player's agent, liable to sue surely, even though his or her name is not listed, it indicates that they are being simulated to do this in real life.

It's a script only coded for fake players, strangely.

Not strictly true.

When I managed Reading on FM07, I had Cesc Fabregas' agent inquiring for me to make an offer for him - as he was keen to join the club (keep in mind this was 2013, when I had made the Champions League final and won the Premier League in the same season). I don't think Arsenal had transfer listed him, but he definitely wanted to leave.

I had this a few years ago on a previous fm... It was Sabri Sarioglu lol and at the time i had no idea who he was(now in the Turkey team i believe as first choice RB)... he looked ok in the video i was shown and being impressed by FM with the feature i signed him lol. God damn it was probably the worst signing i've ever made lol :D

Lovely little story there for you

Not strictly true.

When I managed Reading on FM07, I had Cesc Fabregas' agent inquiring for me to make an offer for him - as he was keen to join the club (keep in mind this was 2013, when I had made the Champions League final and won the Premier League in the same season). I don't think Arsenal had transfer listed him, but he definitely wanted to leave.

I'm talking about FM10.

These were common in previous versions but they changed it for FM10.

I used to love the feature where an agent would come to you offering you to take a look at his player and you could see a video of him play.

It used to happen to frequently though and it was always the most toss player imaginable offered to you. Very annoying when managing a big club!

Archived