Administration Thread

Yes or No  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Should be improved
    • Leave it as is

Just thread for everyone to discuss how we can improve administration on fm, for me it too unrealistic, clubs recover way too quickly, please post suggestions.

For example in my game:

Fulham got relegated to league one and went into admin with 100m worth of debt, after they came out with 16.7m and the repayments were something minor like 50k month, pretty much giving them a ticket back to championship football and maybe premiership in couple of seasons, i found that the administrators don't press for key players to be sold, to help pay current debt or any sale of the training facilities and stadium. I think reputation is also big problem with the bigger clubs going into very short admin and the ability to attract players too big for that league, one of the annoying things is that there only ever -10 points, surely bigger points deductions would be in order for the size of fulham debt ?

So in short i think that it could improve by:

Bigger points deductions depending on size of debt.

Administrators to press for sale of key players and facilities (e.g sale of the ground to councils. or complete sale, then ground sharing with another club)

Reputation to be damaged.

Maybe transfer embargo on the next window.

Also for bit of fun, post the biggest club you have seen in the lower leagues.

A bigger point deduction would be from an FA decision, not from what FM thinks it should be.

But then there should some sort of module in the game, that follows the kind of action the FA have placed on different clubs etc Luton Town ?

It could be improved. Though I doubt there will ever be extra point deductions, as currently you only get an extra deduction if the League decide you have done something wrong when leaving or during administration. That could lead to legal problems so won't be added.

Clubs certainly don't have to sell players all that often. I haven't even seen anyone other then Portsmouth go into admin (and they've been in admin at least twice maybe three times) on my current game. It's almost impossible for a big club to go into admin unless they start in major debt. The clubs have to be complete idiots to get into major financial trouble, there is just so much money rolling around the bigger leagues in FM.

The Premiership rules state that the point deduction is 9 points, and football league is 10 points; not sure what it is after that.

Point deductions thereafter are made for a breach of administration rules or doing something when entering/leaving administration. For example, Leeds we're given their point deduction of 15 points because of them exploiting a loophole in administration (I think).

Also, Luton we're given their 30 point deduction for, IIRC, administration rule breaches and financial irregularities.

Although I do wish the FA would change the Premiership to 10 points rather than 9 to be in line with the football league; nothing special that the Premiership shouldn't get the 10.

The Premiership rules state that the point deduction is 9 points, and football league is 10 points; not sure what it is after that.

Point deductions thereafter are made for a breach of administration rules or doing something when entering/leaving administration. For example, Leeds we're given their point deduction of 15 points because of them exploiting a loophole in administration (I think).

Also, Luton we're given their 30 point deduction for, IIRC, administration rule breaches and financial irregularities.

Although I do wish the FA would change the Premiership to 10 points rather than 9 to be in line with the football league; nothing special that the Premiership shouldn't get the 10.

Its not that the premier league is special its just the fact they pay less games than the other leagues so the 1 less point is to compensate the fewwer games able to achieve the points back

Ive just been looking at clubs that have gone into admin, the sale of grounds seems to be pretty common, i think this could good step for fm to move closer towards, because clubs then have to pay rent to the council or whoever bought it (maybe fans trust could buy the ground, just like what happening now at crystal place and what nearing happened at leeds) or move to ground share, which would seem like good enough punishment.

Anyone else with suggestions ?

Maybe the top 7 earners of the club should given a free transfer before the club goes out of administration again. It shouldn't be possible of course to give your 7 worst players a very high contract.

Why? When Motherwell went into Administration most of our top earners didn't receive free transfers. Players that are deemed worth less than they are being paid - and they refuse a reduced contract should be told they can leave.

Enter Administration

- You as the manager are offered a lower wage contract - if you refuse you are given the boot and must wait until they are out of Administration to force compensation.

- Players that are deemed by you, the board (which at this time would be the administrators) decide who are to be kept on. Those that are not are sacked without compensation - could do it like Champions League etc registration where all those not "in" are sacked.

- If you decide to keep on players that are x (say £1K) amount over the average wage for said player (Key, First, Backup etc) then they are offered a new contract to match the new wage structure (the one that is average). If they reject you are forced to transfer list them

- NO compensation is paid to Players, Staff, or "you" until they leave administration, and this at a lower rate than normal (12p to the £1 for example).

- News regarding Court dates and how long from x date will the club expect to be in administration - up-to two years.

- Embargo on all incoming transfers unless the club can prove it is a requirement (an embargo was on Motherwell, but we could still sign Burns and Craigan from Partick due to showing our wage budget was a lot smaller and we had no players for those position - much to Partick's disgust :D )

Archived