Football Manager 2007 MLS Transfers

I'm manager of LA Galaxy and when I make an offer for another MLS player I can't make a cash offer, only 'drafts' and I don't understand them because there are a number of these mysterious 'draft' offers I can make, and they always get rejected. Would someone please explain to me the concept of these drafts and how to make offers with them?

Many thanks

Drafts are held at the end of the season, each team has a set number of turns and picks. You can trade them away, sometimes drafts are useless, others times they're decent.

It's mostly new youth or released players.

You can attempt to trade players also, which is more useful.

Sorry, we're a bunch of savages over here! The league is doing everything it can to keep an even playing field throughout the league (excluding Los Angeles and their three Designated Players) so they don't allow cash transfers domestically. Unfortunately, the AI in FM isn't too bright, and you can load up your team by trading away first-round picks for good players. The US draft system is a mess in the game, and it's doubtful you'd find good players. Definitely not as good as the players you can trade for.

• 1 year later...

Archived