Scouting issues

First time I've ever played the game (bought on the iphone) so I may just be overlooking something obvious

But I'm in year 5 of my career and it doesn't even give me the option to scout a player anymore. And anytime I send out a scout, they always return with no results. What do I need to change?

• SI Staff

Can you please indicate what club you're at and what sort of standard you're playing to (ie. are you winning the Premiership every season or languishing in the lower leagues etc.) - once I know this I'll look into things just in case its a bug where you're either too good or too bad a team to find players who are considered 'suitable' for your squad.

Millwall

Promoted via playoffs, languishing near bottom tier for 4 seasons now... not exactly battling relegation but no chance at playoffs. I was able to scout players my first season and then for some reason, I couldn't. I thought it may have been too many players on my shortlist, but that is not the case

• SI Staff
has any of your players accepted a manager job? (ever?)

For many people, players accepting a manager job resulted in no scouting and no reserve squad

(hint marc ;)

Hmmm - ok consider this being looked at; hadn't heard that before but will check it out.

I can confirm that I have the same issue with Millwall. I made the playoffs the first season and lost, was promoted the second season and then reached the playoffs the third season. I'm currently playing the fourth or fifth season (can't even remember :)) and scouting doesn't work anymore. The scouts can't find any players and I can't even scout specific players that I've chosen anymore. I've tried different regions, youth etc... doesn't make any difference.

In addition, by the start of the current season (after informing the board of my expectations for the season, which matched theirs -- to reach the playoffs) I didn't receive any transfer funds whatsoever, even though they said I would. When asking the board for additional funds they declined. Same thing by the next transfer window. :(

Is there any additional information that I can provide to help you debug this, Marc?

Thanks for making a great game (and providing support for it)!

/Victor

• SI Staff

Many thanks to 'Jens' for his guidance to look at players from a human squad taking up a managerial position - I'm pleased to confirm this WAS the cause of this issue.

Even better I've worked out a 'repair' for it so when update 2 is released it will automatically fix the issue and give you back both scouting and any lost reserve teams when you enter the Club 'Info' page for the first time.

Update 2 is in QA at SI/SEGA now and should be released within the next couple of weeks, apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused anyone.

• SI Staff
You know me Marc, I will always throw a spanner in your works ;).

I demoted Scott Sinclair and went to search him and he wouldn't appear neither.

I'll check this out ...

Many thanks to 'Jens' for his guidance to look at players from a human squad taking up a managerial position - I'm pleased to confirm this WAS the cause of this issue.

Even better I've worked out a 'repair' for it so when update 2 is released it will automatically fix the issue and give you back both scouting and any lost reserve teams when you enter the Club 'Info' page for the first time.

Update 2 is in QA at SI/SEGA now and should be released within the next couple of weeks, apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused anyone.

so what are the major fixes in update 2 marc?

• SI Staff
so what are the major fixes in update 2 marc?

Full details will be released in due course - its in QA at present so I don't want to announce anything until the changes are validated ... just in case issues come up with any of the fixes.

Archived