Fredrikstad

A little while ago i had a big Rangers save going. I was in season 6 with a youth squad that would slay the likes of AC/BARCA and CHELSEA! i was 200k below my wage budget, i had more cups and medals than i knew what to do with!

I used to LAUGH! whenever i drew teams like Real in european cup finals!

But my monitor blew up, and this somehow wiped my computer!:confused: dunno how but it did, and me being me i didn't have it backed up! so i lost the entire thing! And i'll stop there and get onto the Fredrikstad before i burst into tears!

So after getting my Com sorted and new flash wide screen monitor! i decided to upload all the northern leagues! Britain,scandanavia and russia! and started unemployed!

The team that choose me was Freddiestad!

Ever start unemployed and just automatically hit it off and really enjoy your time there? well i originally signed a 1 year deal but i get the feeling am going to stick around for a little while.

Fredrikstad.jpg

When i arrived, they were rock bottom with something like 8 points! so like all good managers i looked to stop the leakage of goals! the For and against was pathetic when i arrived these chumps really weren't pulling their weight atall!

Then i looked to re-energize the boys! and get them fighting!

My first 3 games i picked up all 9 points! wich i was delighted with! My run was about to come to an end when i faced upto rosenborg! but somehow! SOMEHOW! the same players who got their last manager sacked! pulled off a 1-0 victory away from home! and to make matters even better! the next two games after that result were my fellow relegation buddies!

I duly slaughtered them both 2-0 and 2-1 and i'm now, as you can see sitting pretty at 9th with a game in hand, and you can see i have fixed the leak in defence and turned the taps on at the other end!

i was delighted to see the unearthed talent in these leagues! there are some nice players in this league! and i was over the moon to see i have two quick draw Brazilians in squad!

I have just drawn 2-2 with galatasary! and now i have them at home! so i got my work cut out!

I haven't baught or sold a soul! i'm just fixing the damage and still wondering if maybe, JUSSSST MAYBE! i could finnish strong and give those monkeys at the top sumit to think about!

Anyhows just thought i'd share my random venture into the Norse league!

Advice from anyone who has experience in this league would be cool and appreciated!

ps

I've also noticed the teams love playing 5-4-1 and 4-1-4-1 wich suits me just fine!

Anyhows aye, going strong! and loving it so far! i am slightly peeved at the amount of players who moan about my club underachieving! hypocracy at it's finest :rolleyes:

Nice, good how things can turn out.

I am enjoying my first FM10 save still, with Newcastle, but having heard stories like yours, but more specifically the big LLM updates, am chomping at the bit to get this save done with and move on!

Will see where Newcastle takes me... so many ways to play this game. Shame they all appeal to me, not enough time in the world heh!!

Nice, good how things can turn out.

I am enjoying my first FM10 save still, with Newcastle, but having heard stories like yours, but more specifically the big LLM updates, am chomping at the bit to get this save done with and move on!

Will see where Newcastle takes me... so many ways to play this game. Shame they all appeal to me, not enough time in the world heh!!

I know what you mean i could never bring myself to leave or start with anyone but Rangers, even way back from 05. the big guns just didn't impress me. But just out of the sake of trying something new i've become smitten with this wee team!

The finances are in order, the only red spot is that am 5k over my wage limit, so i'll see what i can do about that, but hopefully a good europa cup run can soften the damage.

I think whats helping is the fact all the nations play a simular kinda tactical game.

I've always fancied Newcastle! Am well impressed with that big Argentian you have at left back ? big guy with the pony tail, he looks mighty as hell.

FFK ain't a bad team [their real-life relegation last year was some sort of reverse-miracle]

Still, if Brann are leading the league so comfy, there must be something wrong with the db :p

Jokes aside, I have two major advices...

1) Don't go overboard with signing foreing/non HG players.. As you probably noticed there are just 11 spots available for non-HG players, so the risk is signing more foreign stars than you can actually register/play

2) Keep an eye on the free transfer list. At the end of every season you'll probably have a lot of good HG players available for free.

Want some names too? ;)

Archived