Suggestion

I am currently playing in the Mexican league with Atlas and i am using my favorite strategy. I buy 15 or 16 year old hot prospects from across the world and grow them. I recently bought a brilliant 16 year old DM,MC from Chile. His natural position is DM and since i don't play with DMs I'll have to retrain him to CM (momentarily dark green). Since he's only joining my club in two years time i was thinking: wouldn't it be nice if you could have the option to ask the current club if they are willing to start the retraining so that when he joins my club it would take less to retrain him?

You could have an option like "ask to retrain as ...." and the manager at the club in question could either accept or refuse the offer based on his tactics, relationship with you, etc.

Just a thought. What do you think?

For me it's in the same category as 'ask player to recommend a scout'.

It's a feature but one that would hardly be used.

There's lots more I'd like to be able to say to my player other than asking him to recommend a scout. I mean has a manager ever asked a player to recommend a scout in the history of the game?

if a player is playing for a team for another 2 years before joining you, why would that manager change his team or play one of his best prospects out of position to do a job for you. I dont think any manager in their right mind would do that.

Archived