Shock Champions League Winners

Who have been the unlikeliest (or luckiest) Champions League winners on your game? Playing as Juventus I was drawn with Atletico Madrid in the semi-finals. The first leg at home ended 0-0 (despite dominating the match) and in the second leg I secured the vital away goal. At 1-1 my players were celebrating up until the 90th minute and then this happens:

Semi-final.jpg

One of my defenders makes a stupid pass back to the keeper and Diego Forlan scores. I then have no choice but to go all-out attack and they score again. Very unlucky.

In the final Atletico play the monstrous Man City who easily win the Premiership. It should be a cakewalk for City, but Atletico put up a fight to keep it close. It is 2-1 to City until the 87th minute...

Final.jpg

Out of nowhere Sergio Aguero pops up and hits a spectacular half volley to level the match. They then go on to win in extra time against a nine-man Man City. They basically won the Champions League with last minute goals. The victory is made even sweeter for them because of their league position:

League-1.jpg

Have you had any shock/lucky Champions League winners like Atletico on your game?

Second season in my Lyon save and Almeria made it to the semi final of the champions league!!! Where they were eliminated by Man Utd.. And in the final Man Utd got beaten by... Lyon!! :D

I think its far more shocking that Almeria finish top 4 in their first season and makes it to the semi in the second season than atletico madrid winning the CL..

Almost unrealistic....

2 seasons into my game there was a Wolfsburg v Toulouse CL final. Not that shocking as both were performing very strongly domestically for 2 consecutive seasons.

Wolfsburg won 2-1.

Neither have come anywhere near the final since. Barca won it next 2 seasons

Bordeaux won it in the second season in my current game, IIRC. Not exactly an upset of the century but still.

Tbh that would be a big sensation irl. Atletico would just be a 'suprise' I'd say.

2 seasons into my game there was a Wolfsburg v Toulouse CL final. Not that shocking as both were performing very strongly domestically for 2 consecutive seasons.

Wolfsburg won 2-1.

Neither have come anywhere near the final since. Barca won it next 2 seasons

That final is indeed as freakish as the Porto vs. Monaco final some years ago...

Real Madrid and Barcelona have shared all 5 on my current save with Madrid putting me out twice and Barca once. The biggest shock I've seen on this save was Napoli reaching the final and finishing 11th in Serie A in the same season, they got hammered 4-0 by Madrid in the final.

Porto have reached the semis for the last 3 years, they knocked me out 2 years ago in the semi and lost in the final to Juve, then lost the next year to Barca in the semi, we beat them this season in the semi 4-3 on aggregate.

athletico madrid aren't so great on my save, in my second season they where dominating the leagu until they came up against me, i beat them and they went downhill from their, think they ended up in a europa league spot lol

aguero is a beast on fm10 though

I won the Champions League with Atlético last night. Beat Real Madrid 2-1 despite Real dominating the La Liga with 34 victories out of 38 games losing only once! And I finished second 20 points off. :D

Archived