Impressed with the AI for once!

Been playing a nice little game as Fulham and did well above my expectations last year by winning the Premiership two years in (although it was very close!). Next season, I obviously got a lovely transfer budget to really boost my squad, buying a few strikers and a desperately needed right back.

Now, as far as I was aware, Mr. Al Fayed was quite content at the club, I hadn't really checked. Our value over the past two seasons (finishing 2nd and then 1st and winning a few cups) had sky rocketed, but we were still obviously cheap compared to the real big clubs.

Suddenly, just as the Premiership was about to start, my board informs me of a bid to buy the club, that would eventually go through with the new chairman stating he would put any amount of money in for us to be the dominant force in domestically and continentally. Not sure if that means I have just acquired the elusive sugar daddy (didn't have time to check with FMRTE before leaving this morning) or if he just has the resources to pump money in.

However, I was most pleased to see that, I assume, the AI identified I was cheap and winning competitions, in a very good place in London, so it got someone with some money to offer for the club! At least I thionk that's what happened.

Archived