Barcelona - my story + some help please

I'll keep it brief.

Started with Barca, fancied a go at world domination as I usually play lower down the leagues.

So I rushed through pre-season (big mistake) signing Hernanes to play alongside Xavi in the midfield, other than that I've stuck with the usual squad. Playing 4-3-3. Won the Euro and Spainish super cups but started badly in the league, drew 3 games and lost 2 in the first 12 games including the most boring El Classico of all time to a scrappy Pepe goal. I just couldn't nail down my best eleven and tactics.

Got it sorted after my initial bad run and managed to go something like 26 unbeaten in the League, but could only draw 0-0 in home El Classico (a fantastic match with loads of chances, just had one of those days against Casillas)... Trailed Madrid by four points having drawn two more games than them, both losing two games.

Went out of Europe to Liverpool in the Q finals, losing 1-0 away in a terrible game, drawing 0-0 at home, again just unable to break them down despite loads of chances.

Won the Spainish cup having beaten Real Madrid home (1-0 last minute Milito headed despite Busquets sending off) and away (2-0 best performance of the season)

So, I've just got to the summer (without being sacked!) got £30m left from last season. Was wondering roughly how much I can expect to be allowed to spend? I want to buy Fabregas to partner Xavi but Arsenal want £132m! Hoping to spend around £80m on him after reading a few posts on here. Also need to sign two back up attacking full backs (thinking Fabio from United and bringing a kid up from the u19s to cover Dani Alves) and a young right winger. I've got a few kids coming through too.

My eleven - in a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formation:

Valdes

Alves Puyol Pique Maxwell

Busquets

Xavi Hernanes

Messi Iniesta

Ibra

In my opinion bringing in Cesc will turn those draws in to a few more wins.

Having trouble getting Bojan to play well, I think the position and tactics are maybe too tailored to Ibra. Iniesta isn't playing as well as I'd like cutting in from the left.

So chaps, I want to have a serious go at the League and the Champions League next season, any tips would be much appreciated.

Barca thread.

Why oh why are you wasting Iniesta at AML???

Yes, I know. I suppose I was planning to sign Cesc so nudged Iniesta 'out one' to AML cutting inside. He's had injury problems so not had a great season.

Maybe I'll leave Cesc alone until next summer, move Iniesta in to the middle and give Pedro a run wide left?

The last time i played as barca i played ibra up top and he was briliant. toure as dm, xavi in deep play maker and iniesta as attacking play maker and it seem to work. I didn't win the champ league but won the league and Spanish cup to go along with the world club. I signed di maria and he was briliant for me for the attacking left area.

The last time i played as barca i played ibra up top and he was briliant. toure as dm, xavi in deep play maker and iniesta as attacking play maker and it seem to work. I didn't win the champ league but won the league and Spanish cup to go along with the world club. I signed di maria and he was briliant for me for the attacking left area.

Thanks for your response mate.

I'm going to move Iniesta back in to the middle. He's one of my favourite player, I'm not really sure why I tried to persist with it for a whole season, maybe a bit of Rafa-itus!

So, I'm going to give Pedro a proper go as an out and out winger, that should stretch the oppo defenses and give more space to Ibra, Messi, Iniest and Xavi.

Think I'll try to buy Eden Hazard on the left as a bit of competition.

Was thinking of buying Fabio as replacement for Abidal (he doesn't cut it going forward) anyone had him before?

Any tips for a flying right back?

Cheers for the help lads, clarified my thinking!

another going for barcelona :D

im in my third season now and have built a strong squad, i dont play with wingers so sold off all the unwanted wingers, created a tactic tht keeps the ball, slow tempo ;)

as for the right back you are looking for, micah richards if you can prise him away, wont be cheap though.

ive just sold alves to chelsea for 28 mil, probs could have got more....and i bought fabregas in the summer before this season started.

won the league second time of asking, well pretty much owned it, im still goin for the champions league though, got knocked out in the first season by madrid, last season got to the final but got beat by man city 2-1 :( felt like cryin lol

here's my starting 11 and formation i use...

1272365794007115600.jpg

"bytheway" - I like to stick to the Barca culture, 4-3-3. I also don't think Micah Richards is the type of player I am after. I'm going to scout round Brazil during the off season with a view to finding the next Cafu! I like having Brazilian full backs as it suits my pattern of play. I see you've overhauled the majority of the squad, I'd like to buy one or two and bring some young players through, evolution rather than revolution for me!

erik86 - Bale and Modric - a Spurs fan by any chance? I might go for Bale, that's a decent shout.

Was also thinking of bringing in Rodwell but am unsure how he would settle, maybe next season as I am happy with Busquets.

I'm trying to retain the strong identity of Barca, keeping many Catalans in the team.

yeah im in my third season now and have the team i want, alot of youngsters in my team now, coronel, horton and hunt(both english full backs) gonzalez, nagy all regens so i have a youthful side and also buonanotte, ben arfa, pique still young and ow with a little experience, still keeping hold to the likes of xavi (now club captain),ibrahimovic and valdes (first season 44 Clean sheets, 41 in second) to give a bit of experience along with the class of messi and iniesta :)

just recently turned down the job offer of brazil, beggining to wonder weather i did the right thing, its not everyday brazil approach you with an offer :/

and ive just signed a contract extention for another season, already had a year remaining yet the felt the need to extend my stay :D

n yeah i would search for a few regens after the first season as you can be amazed by some of them, horton my left back, i got him at that time and he is dubbed the next ashley cole and has the stats too, got him off everton, all i had to pay was compensation :D

let me know how you get on....

oh yes forgot to mention, what past experience did you start with?

I'm trying to keep thing realistic, doing it the way Barca do things. Hence the alias 'Pep Guardiola' professional player experience. I'm trying to emulate the way they play too, this is a little tough!

I'm not really a fan of regens. I can't really see it as realistic to nick a young left back from Everton, it wouldn't happen IRL would it? I'm bringing through the kid Montoya and Bartra at right back, just not sure if they can hack it.

I'm glad I spoke with you guys before splashing out on Fabregas. I'm going to move Iniesta back in to the middle, tweak my tactics accordingly. Bring in Hazard, Fabio, promote Muniesa at the back... he's a kid I've played a few times, might be time for Marquez and his £115k a week for 20 appearance to step aside.

I'm going to change my mentality too, when I'm drawing a game with 20 mins to go, instead of hoping to nick it, I'm going to overload the oppo, it's better to win one, lose one, than draw both eh?!

Anyone got any consistancy out of Bojan?

Thanks for your response mate.

I'm going to move Iniesta back in to the middle. He's one of my favourite player, I'm not really sure why I tried to persist with it for a whole season, maybe a bit of Rafa-itus!

So, I'm going to give Pedro a proper go as an out and out winger, that should stretch the oppo defenses and give more space to Ibra, Messi, Iniest and Xavi.

Think I'll try to buy Eden Hazard on the left as a bit of competition.

Was thinking of buying Fabio as replacement for Abidal (he doesn't cut it going forward) anyone had him before?

Any tips for a flying right back?

Cheers for the help lads, clarified my thinking!

Filipe of Deportivo, quality player check him up.

Isn't he a LB?

Anyway, you would all get much more out of this by continuing this discussion in the GPTG Barcelona thread, its very active with some good advice, it is here.

Oh sorry I was reading Left-Back for some reason, for a right back I'd go for someone like Rafinha of Schalke.

Oh sorry I was reading Left-Back for some reason, for a right back I'd go for someone like Rafinha of Schalke.

I forgot about him! Good shout.

Felipe has gone to United on my save, that's what drew me to Fabio as his path in to the team is blocked and he's a better player that Rafael.

lumitchski, dont be so sure, where do you think they got messi from??? didn't come throught their youht, barcelona are about getting young prospects and nurturing them, for example, messi and pique to name a few. not to mention the players to come through their youth ranks, iniesta, xavi, bojan,

i started with automatic experience and am flying high with my policy, obviously not the best in the world yet but a work in process and dominated la liga last season

i am also trying to emulate the way barcelona play, i play a short passing slow tempo game, my tactic the way i use it works as a 4-3-3 even tho it isn't set out tht way, most goals last season with least conceaded. 44 clean sheets in first season and 41 in second.

Quick update - I bought Fabio and Hazard. Promoted Assulin, Muniesa and Dalmeu. Sold Abidal and am thinking of selling the Ukrainian guy and Marquez. Evolution rather than revolution as I said. Might go after David Silva as suggested but want to give Pedro a chance.

Beat Real Madrid 1-0 at home and 0-2 away in the Super Cup. Smashed Zaragoza 1-5 first game of the season. Madrid at home next.

cesar azpillicueta - good shout, I'm torn between buying him and Silva or giving youth a chance?! Thoughts?

I'm coach of the Spanish national team in my current save, 2017.

Cesar Azpillicueta is a good shout and Spanish

David Silva would be good as said above, Modric also. Ander of Zaragoza has turned out well on my save.

Ivan Marcano would be good backup if you want to get rid of Marquez who bleeds you of money.

If using 10.3 start using Pedro more on either wing and seriously look towards newgen youth. On my save the Spanish newgen are insane.

Archived