Your most dramatic result!

Let me paint the picture. I'm on the verge of completing a season sweep.

I had won: Community Shield, Euro Super Cup, League Cup, World Club Championship, EPL and FA Cup.

Only hurdle left was the Champions League Final against Arsenal.

Here's a screenshot of the final

arsenalvmanutdoverviewsv6.th.png

There was 4mins of added time, and Tobias Johansson scored for me on 93:52. Right as I was about to go ultra defensive, Adebayor scored 10 seconds after the restart!

I had won: Community Shield, Euro Super Cup, League Cup, World Club Championship, EPL and FA Cup.

There was 4mins of added time, and Tobias Johansson scored for me on 93:52. Right as I was about to go ultra defensive, Adebayor scored 10 seconds after the restart!

mines was not a good result but was dramatic

I was managing Rangers

Champions League quater final

Valencia 6 vs 0 rangers

Rangers 6 vs 1 Valencia

After pulling it back to 6-6 on agregate david villa neted the winner in the last minutes of extra time.

My most dramatic result was back in FM06 between two clubs I was managing in a Champions League QF. First leg was Newcastle Utd 0-1 Whitley Bay.

Second leg Newcastle led 1-2 when their 'keeper got injured on 27 minutes. Being a nutcase I didn't have one on the bench so they had to play the rest of the match with a winger in goal. Whitley Bay's midfield promptly stuck 4 goals past the hapless guy to lead 5-2 at half time. Then in the second half, Newcastle played like men possessed. Not only did they stop Whitley Bay scoring any more, they managed to pull back to 5-5 before their ageing genius AMC scored a 30-yard winner in the dying minutes to make it Whitley Bay 5-6 Newcastle Utd (6-6). And just to show I wasn't cheating I was managing both teams to try to win, but I had wanted Whitley Bay to win ideally.

Probably my most dramatic result was when I was playing as manager of Switzerland. It was the last group game for WC 2010 against Montenegro. A win over these and a finland loss would take me to second and possibly qualify for the next round. Finland had to face Spain so it gave me a great chance. After a short while into the game, my Switzerland side took the lead moving us into second. Spain were drawing 0-0 with Finland. My side continued to create chances but thanks to the opposition keeper and some bad shots, the score stayed at 1-0.

As the match came to the last ten minutes, Montenegro, with nothing to play for, decided to bring in the 4-2-4 formation. I had to face 10 minutes of the hated 4-2-4 formation and injury time! After about 8 minutes however, Montenegro got an equaliser. I pressed for the lead again, but Switzerland couldn't get an equaliser. We ended up missing out on qualification as Finland managed to draw with Spain, Finland would also fail to qualify.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevieyang:

There was 4mins of added time, and Tobias Johansson scored for me on 93:52. Right as I was about to go ultra defensive, Adebayor scored 10 seconds after the restart! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adebayor took four penalties in that game...

Last day of the season Arsenal was one point ahead of my Sheff. W. Arsenal had a 2 goals better a goaldifference than mine, but I had scored more goals than Arsenal.

Fixtures

Chelsea-Arsenal

Sheff W - Liverpool

With both matches going to injurytime Chelsea leading Arsenal 2-1 and I was drawing 1-1 with Liverpool. Then Chelsea scored 3-1 and I won the premier league - most scored goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevieyang:

There was 4mins of added time, and Tobias Johansson scored for me on 93:52. Right as I was about to go ultra defensive, Adebayor scored 10 seconds after the restart! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adebayor took four penalties in that game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And only scored two of them!

i was 0-4 down to barcelona by half time at the Emirates in the CL quarter final 1st leg, took a gamble with a 3-3-4 and scored a very offside equalizer in the 90th minute for 4-4. despite their 4 away goals, i went to the nou camp and dominated, winning 0-1 with a gerrard wonderstrike.

my arsenal won the CL that year, my first one on FM08.

With Wycombe, I was 3-0 down at half time against Doncaster, coming back to win 4-3 (and this was away from home).

Also, in the johnstones paint trophy southern section semi final, playing Cheltenham, 1-0 with minutes remaining and came back to win 2-1 scooring in the 88th & 90th+ minutes

Probably more but off the top of me head. Last day of the season i was MK Dons top of the league by one point but with better goal difference but the league was so close i was only 3 points clear of 8th. Away to chesterfield i went 3-0 down by half time!!!!!! i pulled a few changes and set off again a junior agogo hatrick pulled it back to 3-3 by 85th minute, everyone else below winning almnost i was going in to the play-offs. Gareth o'connor came off the bench after injury and i was awarded a 90th minute free kick he steps up and scores, giving me the league!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by man u 4 lyf:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

Adebayor took four penalties in that game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And only scored two of them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

players rarely score in the shoot-out if they scored a pk in the match

ronaldo also missed one

Mine has to be The Community Shield Final against Manchester United. I was Bolton!

Anyways, at half-time is was 3 vs 0 down but pulled it back to an incredible 4 vs 4 at the end of normal time. Then 5 vs 5 at the end of the second half of extra time:

I WON! icon_biggrin.gif 5 vs 4 on penalties

The darkest day in my football management.

I'm Sao Paulo.

3-0 up after the first leg i take a 1 nil lead 10 minutes into the second leg getting an away goal and meaning they needed 5 to win the game.

Need i say anymore?

I was trying out Brazilian football and ended up with ABC FC in Serie B.

Needless to say, I didn't do very well. Last day of the season, I was 2nd from bottom and needed to win the last game to have a chance to survive on goal difference provided the other relegation teams don't win.

Trouble was, the last game was away and my away record is 0-1-11 going into this match.

Also, the team I was playing needed to win this one to get a shot at promotion. So the odds of survival was very, very slim indeed.

Despite being attacked relentlesly, we won that game 1-0 in the 94th minute and survived on +1 goal difference...

This is my greatest escape ever in my entire FM/CM playing experience... icon_wink.gif

In my first season as the manager of Man United, I was playing Liverpool in the Champions League quarters. I won the first match handily at home, 3-0. In the first half at Anfield, Liverpool score 4 goals, including a hat trick from Dirk Kuyt. At half-time I brought on Scholes and gave them the hair-drier treatment. Louis Saha, who hadn't gotten much of any chance in the team before this game because of injuries to Rooney and Tevez, scored right after the restart. I proceeded to score 4 goals during the second half - another for Saha, one for Ronaldo, Nani, and Scholes. I was deliriously happy...

I was playing with Inverness on FM 06, and after 6 or 7 seasons or so, I had won the SPL and had a chance to win the double.

I had to play the cup final against Kilmarnock, not the strongest opponent, but many first team players were injured, resulting that I had 3 strikes on the bench.

I was 1-0 down when 2 of my players were sent off during the same incident, and the resulting penalty was scored.

During half-time I decided to play a 3-3-2 all or nothing system, a quickly scored a goal against. Eventually I had 5 strikers on the pitch, equalised and 10 mins before time scored the 3-2, and managed to keep that lead.

Best match I played. Even winning the Champ. League doesn't feel that good.

Championship Playoff Final.

Hull City v Sheff Weds

Nick Barmby puts City 1-0 up and we look good until Dean Marney gets sent off after half an hour. Wednesday equalise and we're hanging on until Dean Windass (that man again) scores a fantastic match winning goal in the 90th minute. Two Hull lads bringing the Premiership dream to reality.

in euro cup, with whitby town

i had to score to go through the group stage, away at gotenburg...0-0, i was going out, up pops david ball in 93rd min so i go through.

turned out i didnt have to win as malmo lost in the 90th min to monaco, so i only needed a draw...but it felt good at the time

Archived