Brazilian regens with Korean names...?

I've got a game running on 10.3 and i've noticed that about 70% of all Brazilian regens have Korean sounding names like Kim Ki-Hong, Park Eun-Chol, Seo Dong-Won...etc

I like my games to seem as realistic as possible and this is ruining it!

Anything i can do?

Anyone else have the same issues?

Isn't it due to the the leagues loaded or the size of databases, and where your playing. Such as if your playing in Korea, you'll get loads of Brazilian regens they just happen to be Brazilian with Korean-like names. As is; that is because your knowledge in that area, but if your playing in Chile, I would imagine this would be peculiar indeed.

Well that's my two cence, that or it's bug.

I've noticed the same thing on my save as well. I have the Brazilian league loaded and a lot of guys have asian names. One of the top brazilian regens is named like Yo-Kim Son or something and he's brazilian....

São Paulo has a large population of Orientals, mostly Chinese, South Koreans and Japanese.

PMLF will know more about this if he sees this thread (he probably spots anything with "Brazil" in it from a mile away).

São Paulo has a large population of Orientals, mostly Chinese, South Koreans and Japanese.

PMLF will know more about this if he sees this thread (he probably spots anything with "Brazil" in it from a mile away).

Yeah if the word Brazilian was in bold he would have been here by now! :D

I have this issue but only when using genie scout. If i search for regens using genie most brazilians come up with a korean name. However go into the game and they have a 'normal' brazilian name so not a major problem in-game. I just have to guess by club and position who the regen i have spotted is!

I had the same problem, well wouldn't say problem but weirdness when my youth coaches started bringing in Chinese and koreans who were born in Elgin,Wick and such places! Lol, hell there was even a young boy from my home town who then became my captain he was Chinese i think too!

Go into the personal section of the players. Perhaps they have other nations: Korea DPR/South Korea? For example, I once had an Australian regen with me with a South American name, turns out his second nationality was Chile. In FM09 i had many Scottish regens with Chinese names too!

• 2 weeks later...

It's the same thing with Belgians having German names. Especially when I start a new game without the "real names" option. 50% of the belgians are called Marx, Jungbluth, Schumacher, etc... In FM09 it was the editor that caused the issue which SI fixed in one of the patches. Now, if you use the editor for FM10, it has that problem again. So I'm guessing you have an edited database. I think SI needs to correct this in the new patch (if there will be one):(

I have this issue but only when using genie scout. If i search for regens using genie most brazilians come up with a korean name. However go into the game and they have a 'normal' brazilian name so not a major problem in-game. I just have to guess by club and position who the regen i have spotted is!

This looks to be the case. I did notice a lot of Brazilians had Chinese names for some reason. Although the 4th guy listed on the first screenshot "Jean Maranhense" was also not the correct name. I went to sign him and couldn't find him under that name so it's more than just Asian names being incorrect.

Should mostly be regens but I cropped out the ca/pa and stuff just in case

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/em0phobic/fd72508d.jpg

Genie Scout at the bottom to show the UniqueID is the same. Yang Chen is actually Glaucio.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/em0phobic/27f5926d.jpg

Archived