Do u still Save and load now?

I don't, I think you have roll with the whatever happens. If you were about to play Barcelona and Messi broke his leg you would not reload then to make it "fair" on the AI.

i dont play Bace...just italy S.A.

something like that i chose a Chievo,and spend all my money for signing Hazard

when he came ,he got injured for 8 months,during training!

hell training...

It is very annoying at times, I spent £18 million on a new AMC for my Sunderland side. I confirmed the transfer at the start of December but when he arrived in Jan he was out for 4 months.

and some injury coud reduce the potential of players.

did that happend to you

Every transfer window my key players want to move to a bigger club, so when that happens I save, then ask them to reconsider, and if after that they still want to go, I load til they change their mind.

I have to do it cause even in the season in which we won the CL they still asked to move to a bigger club.

I used to when I was younger but not anymore. Had a save with Plymouth early this year. Got them to the Prem and everything however when I lost a few games I got bored so decided to save and then save again and quit as the manager (so I had one save where I quit and one where I didn't). Turns out I messed one up and the only Plymouth game I have now is 3 results before I quit which I lost all of. Can't ever go back :(

I never reload, I used to when I played FM07/08, but I never do it anymore as I found it ruine the long term fun of the game.

I did have to reload this game after I had a temper tantrum like a five year old and shut the game down with out saving. Took me over a dozen reloads to recreate my loss so the result was unchanged.

I do also analyse games I lose, I save the origional result and reload and play a few times to see what I did wrong. But I always reload the origional result.

I used to reload back in the championship manager days.

This is my first Football Manager game since champ man 01-02 and i'm loving the game, nothing is more satisfying knowing that you won the title fair and square without reloading :thup:

Occasionally i'm very very tempted, but usually walking away or throwing my laptop out of the window prevents me from committing the cardinal sin. On a more serious note, i use to do it all the time, but found that after a while my game became very boring and i couldn't help cheating EVERY game i lost, which is why i stopped - same with FMM which i stopped using after Fm2008.

Winning the league by cheating is nowhere near as good for me as winning it without even if it takes three times as long!

I never reload as I consider it cheating.

Well... yes.

I didn't reload when I missed out on promotion from the BSP on goals scored, I took some time to work out team talks and why my team were always giving up 2-0 leads.

Some people won't be happy until there's a "score goal" option on the match screen.

This :thup:

Every transfer window my key players want to move to a bigger club, so when that happens I save, then ask them to reconsider, and if after that they still want to go, I load til they change their mind.

I have to do it cause even in the season in which we won the CL they still asked to move to a bigger club.

ITS COMPULSORY

I used it everytime because I play as BSS team and want to get straight promotion to BPL in 5 seasons. But I rarely load because with good tactic I employ and good player I buy I won most of the game

I know its a personal thing but where is the satisfaction in this method?? It just makes no sense to me and completely destroys the challenge of the game. To me you've just wasted £30. But its your money, your game, do what you want with it you weirdos ;)

I remembered that I kept reloading my newcastle game when my then rich f**k chairman wanted to sell iker munian back to Ath.bilbao .I managed to keep munian in the end by offering him a $150000 per mth contract and a $5m sign on fee after numerous attempts on improving his wages and seeing his reaction by saving and reloading.

There is no considering it.. it is cheating :D It is possibly on par/worse than FMRTE for cheating.

I used to save / load when I was about 13. No longer. I much prefer the honesty of building a team, and winning over a long term save.
I did when I was younger but I could never bring myself to do it again. Ruins the game.

Yeah same here, a good few years ago when I was a lot younger!

The thing was, when I was younger, I would do the following :

Save / Load to win 100% games. After a season, 2 at the most, I'd get bored with the save, and start again. It became pointless MAKING yourself win every game. Then, when the editor came out, I had 1 game (online game with a mate) - where we basically created a club each, 25 players, all 16, all perfect for their position, the club has unlimited finances, massive stadiums, etc, etc, etc. We went in the BSS and BSN each, and both won the division with ease. BSP, we both got promoted, with ease. League 2 the same, league 1 the same, so on and so forth. We actually made it to the Prem before ending the game, as after 1 season in the prem, it became apparent that the game was still utterly boring. I did manage to win the UEFA Cup while in Division 2 though, after winning the F.A Cup the season before :D

Still though, games where people cheat so much, only look like short term games to me, which is fine, if that's what you're after. But personally, I prefer long term saves, building teams, and working through the tough patches.

This :thup:

But its your money, your game, do what you want with it you weirdos ;)

This made me laugh!

I admit I did it when I was young and stupid, but I've grown up now and realise I would only be cheating myself.

I don't reload just because it takes the realism out of the game for me and realism = fun for me.

It really does kill the game! I used to do that but as a result couldn't play a savegame further than 2014 as it was super easy to win everything - just reloaded if I lost a match.

I decided to not do it on FM10 (the 3rd version of FM I'm playing) and I'm still busy playing my first savegame... in the year 2024! :D

Archived