Just lost a penalty shootout but then got a fake goal!!

Playing as Sunderland I drew Chelsea in the league cup semi.

I beat them 1 nil at home in the first leg.

Conceded an early goal in the away league but despite a battering hung on for a 1 nil defeat in extra time so the game went to penalties.

I selected my penalty takers and hit continue..........but the game then went off the match screen and onto the home screen.

On there it had a message saying "sunderland fans jubilant after semi final win" and it had the final match score down as 1 -1 (2 -1 to us on aggregate!!). I looked at the match and it said we scored an equaliser in the 111th minute......but we didnt.

I then scrolled down to the bottom of the match report and it had the details of the penalty shoot out...........which even better Chelsea won!!!

Anyway we now play Man City in the final in a few weeks!

If you had saved it before then reloading would be the answer but 12 games would drastically change your season for the better or the worse. Just go for it, carry on and try and bag a cup final win as well.

So did the other 20 million people who have posted the exact same thing in the other 20 million duplicate threads.

Sorry to sound scathing, but this is a well known bug and is mentioned at least every few days. If it's not in the known issues then it should be. There's also a search function.

I check these forums a few days and this is the first i've heard of this bug.

The search function is pretty crap, unless you know the exact words your looking for.

If the person above doesn't like the thread then he surely can simply ignore it...

People say the search is poor but have they tried it?

I just did a search for penalties and got a huge list. Taking the time to read the list there quite a few threads that mention the bug.

Archived