Asking price

is it just my game icon_confused.gif when a team become interested in a player i might sell i put a asking price of say £4.000.000. why do other clubs come and always ask how much do i want for the player rather than put the bid that i want icon_mad.gif is it just my game or am i missing something in the game

is it just my game icon_confused.gif when a team become interested in a player i might sell i put a asking price of say £4.000.000. why do other clubs come and always ask how much do i want for the player rather than put the bid that i want icon_mad.gif is it just my game or am i missing something in the game

it makes your game experience longer, instead of just having the option working like it did in 2006 now you will have to click 10 per game day on the same answer for the same question. This is called "deeper management experience". Won’t you stop moaning ? icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

some times it happens because they want to test the waters, see how much your willing to go down on your initial valuation.

doesn't happen all the times because sometimes they put a bid in which is less, sometimes they bid the actual asking price.

sometimes i offer out for more than the asking price and they bid that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

it makes your game experience longer, instead of just having the option working like it did in 2006 now you will have to click 10 per game day on the same answer for the same question. This is called "deeper management experience". Won’t you stop moaning ? icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can set it to automatically reject all offers below your asking price. There are other similar options, too, covering pretty much all circumstances.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/305/03022008193120mv1.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

it makes your game experience longer, instead of just having the option working like it did in 2006 now you will have to click 10 per game day on the same answer for the same question. This is called "deeper management experience". Won’t you stop moaning ? icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can set it to automatically reject all offers below your asking price. There are other similar options, too, covering pretty much all circumstances.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/305/03022008193120mv1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think it ll reject enquiries though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

i dont think it ll reject enquiries though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, good point. I forget: When you get an enquiry, is it still just the single "Negotiate" option, or have they now added a "Reject" option beside it? It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crossriver:

Yes you are missing something,The game is plain simple stupid!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i ask a plain simple question and a burk like yourself could only come back with this sort of responce what a non helpfull twit

Enquiries are definitely over the top still. I can understand a team making one enquiry, but when I name them a price and they withdraw it's annoying when they come back a few days later and make another enquiry. If they would keep firing bids of differing amounts at me that would at least be less frustrating. If I tell them I want £10 million for the player on Tuesday it's a fair bet that I'll still want £10 million for him on Thursday if it is just an enquiry. If, on the other hand, the team comes back in response to me naming £10 million as my price, and bids £7 million, then perhaps we can start negotiating, but not another blooming enquiry! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Enquiries are definitely over the top still. I can understand a team making one enquiry, but when I name them a price and they withdraw it's annoying when they come back a few days later and make another enquiry. If they would keep firing bids of differing amounts at me that would at least be less frustrating. If I tell them I want £10 million for the player on Tuesday it's a fair bet that I'll still want £10 million for him on Thursday if it is just an enquiry. If, on the other hand, the team comes back in response to me naming £10 million as my price, and bids £7 million, then perhaps we can start negotiating, but not another blooming enquiry! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that is spot on, right on the nail there thanx its nice to see that someone else can see some thing there and not abusive name calling like the other person(crossriver)

abit of negotiation would help transfers go further

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srwlml23:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crossriver:

Yes you are missing something,The game is plain simple stupid!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i ask a plain simple question and a burk like yourself could only come back with this sort of responce what a non helpfull twit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You stupid ****! You ask for a simple answer and gave you a honest and simple answer from my point of view, Isn't that good enough for you? You t....!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srwlml23:

i ask a plain simple question and a burk like yourself could only come back with this sort of responce what a non helpfull twit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You stupid ****! You ask for a simple answer and gave you a honest and simple answer from my point of view, Isn't that good enough for you? You t....! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for some reason i think your having a bad week icon_razz.gif to answer a question and end it with name calling i.e. STUPID i think it shows firstly you did not have a good enough answer to that question and secondly you have a low intelligence and you may need to see someone about your icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

Enquiries are definitely over the top still. I can understand a team making one enquiry, but when I name them a price and they withdraw it's annoying when they come back a few days later and make another enquiry. If they would keep firing bids of differing amounts at me that would at least be less frustrating. If I tell them I want £10 million for the player on Tuesday it's a fair bet that I'll still want £10 million for him on Thursday if it is just an enquiry. If, on the other hand, the team comes back in response to me naming £10 million as my price, and bids £7 million, then perhaps we can start negotiating, but not another blooming enquiry! icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that is spot on, right on the nail there thanx its nice to see that someone else can see some thing there and not abusive name calling like the other person(crossriver)

abit of negotiation would help transfers go further </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is really irritating and would suggest that asking price is of no use. Almost as irritating as the "are you interesdted in signing.....", i'm just into February and I got asked 12 times if I was interested in signing Jimmy Briand icon_mad.gif

PS Mods should ban that absolute cretin Crossriver.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

abit of negotiation would help transfers go further </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is really irritating and would suggest that asking price is of no use. Almost as irritating as the "are you interesdted in signing.....", i'm just into February and I got asked 12 times if I was interested in signing Jimmy Briand icon_mad.gif

PS Mods should ban that absolute cretin Crossriver. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i do like the asking price really its just 9 times out of ten it goes no were

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, timing is a bit strange sometimes. Maybe it is better in FM08, but in FM07 I remember starting a game at Kilmarnock and went through pre-season and upto transfer deadline day and then the day after the deadline Allan Johnston threw his toys oout of the pram and demanded to move to a bigger club icon_rolleyes.gif

in

You stupid ****! You ask for a simple answer and gave you a honest and simple answer from my point of view, Isn't that good enough for you? You t....! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for some reason i think your having a bad week icon_razz.gif to answer a question and end it with name calling i.e. STUPID i think it shows firstly you did not have a good enough answer to that question and secondly you have a low intelligence and you may need to see someone about your icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i have a very low intellect indeed ILMAO! Akunamatata i outshine you in intelligence so don´t even go there. And genius before you continue to make a fool out of yourself maybe you should check your spelling a little bit now and then you punk. And yes i am already seeing Your M about my needicon_wink.gif.

in

for some reason i think your having a bad week icon_razz.gif to answer a question and end it with name calling i.e. STUPID i think it shows firstly you did not have a good enough answer to that question and secondly you have a low intelligence and you may need to see someone about your icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i have a very low intellect indeed ILMAO! Akunamatata i outshine you in intelligence so don´t even go there. And genius before you continue to make a fool out of yourself maybe you should check your spelling a little bit now and then you punk. And yes i am already seeing Your M about my needicon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meet a comma ,

in

Yes i have a very low intellect indeed ILMAO! Akunamatata i outshine you in intelligence so don´t even go there. And genius before you continue to make a fool out of yourself maybe you should check your spelling a little bit now and then you punk. And yes i am already seeing Your M about my needicon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear dear, tut tut, Akunamatata....is an incorrect spelling of the phrase hakuna matata...

So as you are now aware of the fact that you do not out shine me, because it is you that needs to check your spelling, now you are just rousing my impatience...and quite frankly a few people on here.

Your inept to understand this site and its rules should mean it wont be long until you are advised to leave or 'booted off' which most of us are hoping.

OHHH and how my M laughs along with me at your idiocy

Now do us all a favour and go and finish your home work.

in

Meet a comma , </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

in

Meet a comma , </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to say something similar, if less pithy and to the point, but I rose above it on this occasion icon_biggrin.gif

There should be a third option under transfer listed/not listed such as "Unavailable for transfer" which is similar to when you declare hand off warning. (So we don't have to wait for the news to declare hand off)

It should also has an effect in reducing the number of enquiry and bid.

When you put up an asking price, it implies that you might be interested in selling the player.

I remember asking price for Foster for 17M pounds (yes English GK from Man Utd), he was the best English GK in the game. Spur sent an enquiry and I offered for 18M which they did bid for 18. It's a ridiculous price, but I could sell that much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

Ignore crossriver guys, he's just a troll.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=9562037582

Continue talking on topic, and just ignore him. :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your MTILFSM is a troll.

Crossriver, man. There is absolutely no need for this abuse! The guy asked a perfectly good question and you have just used it as an oppurtunity to abuse him. Pathetic. Why they did a Graham Poll for you I do not know...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by safc4eva:

Crossriver, man. There is absolutely no need for this abuse! The guy asked a perfectly good question and you have just used it as an oppurtunity to abuse him. Pathetic. Why they did a Graham Poll for you I do not know... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you for that safceva. MODS its about time crossover put his dummy back in or banned from spoiling a very good site it could drive decent people away from discussing a very good game

Just click on name ----> IGNORE lol.

As for the op, agre completly and glams points are spot on. A little more logic and common sense on this issue would go a long way to making it more interesting and ejoyable.

yes thats what initially what i wanted to find out, one way to make a great game better, when they ask how much for a certain player give them your price and instead of saying they will not be following up there enquiry, if there truly interested then they should start negotiations

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by safc4eva:

Crossriver, man. There is absolutely no need for this abuse! The guy asked a perfectly good question and you have just used it as an oppurtunity to abuse him. Pathetic. Why they did a Graham Poll for you I do not know... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That ............ ask for a simple answer and that´s what i did.

And yes the game is stupid because Manchester United ask me to pay 101 mill £ for Gabriel Heinze.

And yes the game is stupid because Juventis claim this about Francisco Pavón of Real Madrid: "Juventus don´t feel that they could attract a player of his quality to their club", hahaha.

And yes the game is stupid because it more or less make a mockery of people hard earned money.

And yes this bloody srwlml23 is a fool!

I rarely get any transfer money in 08 i get the feeling that if you sign a free transfer nobody wants to buy this player as much as a season later because "they could have had him for free", thats how money and teams are made and the fun is had, profit margin. Even buying players and accumulating cash becomes a problem it seems as though someone said this was cheating but is still liable. if you have only selected the premier league to play then you are four times more likely to get a job with a premiership team (more money) than if you play to league two, simple practice.. If a team has low income offer them friendly low funds % of next sale etc etc offer a player away on poor opportunity performance incentives then see what happens he'll thrash the challenge??? who knows, common sense...

It maybe an idea say teams with a low income are less capable offer them higher tag teams with a high income (more capable) a lower tag, which i doubt. But look at the reasons for rejecting your negotiation ie (already have player of that quality, wage demands too high.)

And yes the game is stupid because Manchester United ask me to pay 101 mill £ for Gabriel Heinze.

And yes the game is stupid because Juventis claim this about Francisco Pavón of Real Madrid: "Juventus don´t feel that they could attract a player of his quality to their club", hahaha.

And yes the game is stupid because it more or less make a mockery of people hard earned money.

And yes this bloody srwlml23 is a fool! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a fool for aking a question!!!!

I'm a fool for you calling me stupid!!!!

like i said before mods ban this incompetent silly argumentative little boy its plain to see he does nothing for your site, and is hell bent on causing bad feeling in here

like i said before mods ban this incompetent silly argumentative little boy its plain to see he does nothing for your site, and is hell bent on causing bad feeling in here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a fool for asking a stupid question.

You are a fool for not accepting a honest answer.

You are a fool for calling YMLAF.

You are a fool because ITOFYM.

And what do you do exactly for this site you wannabe fanboy?

Someone please ban this utter moron crossriver. Thats his 2nd yellow. 2 yellows = 1 red right ?

He has nothing constructive to say but flaming other users + constantly ****ing the rules.

Do we really need idiots on here ?

Why pointless posts aren't deleted ?

This thread was started to discuss one of the vital game aspects and now its ruined by some clown. Truly annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Someone please ban this utter moron crossriver. Thats his 2nd yellow. 2 yellows = 1 red right ?

He has nothing constructive to say but flaming other users + constantly ****ing the rules.

Do we really need idiots on here ?

Why pointless posts aren't deleted ?

This thread was started to discuss one of the vital game aspects and now its ruined by some clown. Truly annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HERE HERE ban the moron crossover

like i said before mods ban this incompetent silly argumentative little boy its plain to see he does nothing for your site, and is hell bent on causing bad feeling in here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a fool for asking a stupid question.

You are a fool for not accepting a honest answer.

You are a fool for calling YMLAF.

You are a fool because ITOFYM.

And what do you do exactly for this site you wannabe fanboy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well wanna be fan boy (by your words that is).

I get a really good response to my question from decent member's on this site, which is a lot more than you are doing you buffoon, so i cant see how it was a stupid question.

Ahh I do love a good argument. Especially when one person can't see that they're doing nothing but make themselves look like an idiotic, petulant child. Crossriver, that's you. Fingers crossed you'll get punished for it as you really are acting like a prat.

As for the original issue. I find this much more bearable now that there is a 'Reject' button right there on screen for me to use. However the whole enquiries part still needs to be improved. The thing I don't like is when a team enquires about a player, you give them a value and they never, ever negotiate. 95% of the time they'll just withdraw their offer, even if the value you've quoted them is equal to the players asking price.

There was an option (earlier releases - FM 07 defo) to set a play transfer status to 'the club does not want to sell this player'. Now its gone. I found it only appears through media comments (issue hands off reply to interested managers) which may knock down player morale or even usettle him. So usually i just give my players minimum release fee - maxed out at 200 million pounds mark. Then set their asking price to that level - 200 millions. Sometimes teams enquiry so i negotiate to 200M + 1M buy back lol. They rarely came back icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

There was an option (earlier releases - FM 07 defo) to set a player transfer status to 'the club does not want to sell this player'. Now its gone. I found it only appears through media comments (issue hands off reply to interested managers) which may knock down player morale or even usettle him. So usually i just give my players minimum release fee - maxed out at 200 million pounds mark. Then set their asking price to that level - 200 millions. Sometimes teams enquiry so i negotiate to 200M + 1M buy back lol. They rarely came back icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah? He might be an integral part of their side and are simply showing how much the ckub needs him.

Well Juve are technically still a newly promoted side!

Although judging by your posts I find it amazing that you can actually get a job.

No he isn't! You are.

And by the way, Juventus is not spelled with an i.

Well i think these are all really good comments(even the ones that relate to my question icon_biggrin.gif)

have you learnt yet crossriver

thanx everyone for your support icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooh boy! Is hakuna matata happy today or what? hahaaaaaaaaaa ILMAO. Guess what i´m happy that you are getting some sympathies from some of your fellow fanboy in this forum. Now i´m hoping your M can stop worrying about you getting bullied while we are kickin it in the bed sheet, if you know what i mean icon_wink.gif

in

Dear dear, tut tut, Akunamatata....is an incorrect spelling of the phrase hakuna matata...

So as you are now aware of the fact that you do not out shine me, because it is you that needs to check your spelling, now you are just rousing my impatience...and quite frankly a few people on here.

Your inept to understand this site and its rules should mean it wont be long until you are advised to leave or 'booted off' which most of us are hoping.

OHHH and how my M laughs along with me at your idiocy

Now do us all a favour and go and finish your home work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yes i apologize dearly for misspelling both your first and last name, i hope you forgive me hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ILMAO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Ahh I do love a good argument. Especially when one person can't see that they're doing nothing but make themselves look like an idiotic, petulant child. Crossriver, that's you. Fingers crossed you'll get punished for it as you really are acting like a prat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are stupid and i suggest that you stop talking from your arse before you lose all that teeth! You don´t want to look like Ronaldinho do you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Ahh I do love a good argument. Especially when one person can't see that they're doing nothing but make themselves look like an idiotic, petulant child. Crossriver, that's you. Fingers crossed you'll get punished for it as you really are acting like a prat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are stupid and i suggest that you stop talking from your arse before you lose all that teeth! You don´t want to look like Ronaldinho do you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear. The one thing worse than someone acting like a spoilt child on an internet forum is someone trying to sound hard while hiding behind a compute screen.

Does it make you feel big saying things that you'd normally never dare say just because you can't see the people you're saying it to?

You're a real tough guy, I'm quaking in my boots and reeling from your excellent come-backs icon_rolleyes.gif

OH MY crossriver, i promise not to bother answering any of your silly comments any more now, because maybe i'll loose my teeth aswell EH..... BUT WAIT!!! on the other hand maybe i'll make you loose your teeth, i mean like because this is possible through a computer is'nt it icon_rolleyes.gif what a silly little boy you really must be and your parents must be soooo proud they have brought up such an intelligent little boy (NOT)

and try using a dictionary for your spelling icon_rolleyes.gif

have a word with your teacher, tell her what trouble your having maybe she can help icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Look guys, just completely ignore him..... He feeds on your reactions like a germ. If you totally ignore him he will get bored.

Back on topic......Have the same problems, countless enquiries for Bale, Rose etc at Spurs and tbh getting bored with them. If you want my players make me an offer i can't refuse, end of!!!! Otherwise stop clogging my FMail!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OB1UK:

Look guys, just completely ignore him..... He feeds on your reactions like a germ. If you totally ignore him he will get bored.

Back on topic......Have the same problems, countless enquiries for Bale, Rose etc at Spurs and tbh getting bored with them. If you want my players make me an offer i can't refuse, end of!!!! Otherwise stop clogging my FMail!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easier said than done icon_mad.gif now back to the OP i just wish, and it would make the game a lot better if the enquiry led to negotiations

Agreed, more negotiations would be for the better.

It's too often some team enquires over a player, you set your price and away they go. It would be more enjoyable if they came back saying that your valuation is unrealistic or over their own but are willing to negotiate further to keep the deal alive.

I say 10, they go 5.....i add a couple extras like 1m after 30 apps or 1m after 20 goals etc, they come back and reduce it a little etc etc until there's no room for any further compromises which will offer you a take it or leave it option or an agreement has finally been reached

Archived